Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Are any of you chaps joiners in South Manc/Cheshire/High Peak area?
  • beagle
    Free Member

Need a bit of work done – seven internal doors to be fitted actually.

Anyone on here a joiner? And fancy having a look before I do a lucky dip in the yellow pages?

Ta

project
    Free Member

What sort of doors and where from, type of handle etc.

If theyre the oak faced things from Band Q take em back as theyre chipboard inside and very crap to work on.

beagle
    Free Member

they’re from ipd doors. Engineered, white primed, shaker 1 peice white doors and a fair bit heavier than the hollow crap we inherited with the house!

Handles will be mounted later on (just pull/push affairs). We will just need adjustable roller catches fitted – which we’ll supply, along with whatever hinges are recommended by whoever fits them (I’m guessing three hinges per door because of the weight?).

boblo
    Free Member

There’s a bloke on here called ‘Joiner’ who’s an, errrm, joiner…. Doncaster based IIRC.

project
    Free Member

Engineered, white primed, shaker 1 peice white doors

So theyre veneered then and painted white, the edges will need repainting after fitting as no door ever fits the frame.

Definately 3 hinges per door, 3 x 3 inch brass with steel washers.

Bit far for me to travel though.

beagle
    Free Member

Cool. Cheers . What sort of price per door do you reckon then, if I’m getting quotes in?

Ta Boblo.

project
    Free Member

Band Q want 120 quid per door to fit them, so about 35 to 40 should be reasonable.

Also the weather i s a real problem at the moment, as they should be done outside, and sawdust/shavings stick to your feet when damp, also you cant use power tools in the rain, so its inside with an extractor, but there is a bit of dust and a lot of noise.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

howdo!

I’m located near Ashton, so if you’re within 45 mins I can price you up.

As Project said, £35-40 is about average, sometimes more if the frames are old and wonky, rarely less i’m affraid.

How desperate are you?

email should be in profile if you want to contact me

🙂

zap
    Free Member

Try Anthony mooney on 07879 646860 a good friend of mine based in macc. He is a joiner and good value as well.

carlos
    Free Member

Ants a good lad

or Derek on 07944 361287

Used both before and I’d use them both again

sambob
    Free Member

Longden and Jones are superb, based in Whaley Bridge.

beagle
    Free Member

Awesome. Cheers all – much appreciated! Will get grooving with this ASAP. Trying to organise stuff between Xmas and new year has been difficult!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Are any of you chaps joiners in South Manc/Cheshire/High Peak area?’ is closed to new replies.