Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 198 total)
  • Ard Rock Enduro 2016
  • jaylittle
    Free Member

Sounds like I’m in the right category then…. done little practice but ordered a keg of beer and pump from Ossett Brewery.

MonkeyMechanic
    Free Member

[On behalf of a friend]
    I thought I would post here, rather than creating a new thread for now.
    I’m getting the train to the ‘ard rock from London, and was wondering would anyone know a cab service up there that would be willing to take a bike. Or preferably, anyone heading there on the Friday, that could make a detour past a train station, that has room for a little one and his bike?
    I’ll provide beverages and good times 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I could divert to either Carlisle or Penrith on the way down, about 2pm I reckon. Email in profile if that suits at all.

scaled
    Free Member

Who’s doing the Enduro on the saturday then? I don’t seem to know anyone else that managed to get a spot!

Simon

Me!

doubleu
    Free Member

Me and a friend in for Saturday….we are the chosen few! 😆

Mugboo

Me, with Simon ???

cakefacesmallblock

Myself and three friends have places for Saturday.
    Injured an Achilles’ tendon mid June . Just hoping to be able to ride. Competing would be too strong a word, though, fit or otherwise .

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m in for two events, canny mind what they are! Smaller enduro on Saturday, and something on the Sunday too.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

I managed a “Sprint” place but would rather be doing the whole thing.

Kahurangi

Me and the Mrs doing Saturday (assuming she’s not rota’d to work the weekend…). Probably pitching up late on Friday and shooting off on Saturday after we ride.

p.s. have we been given an opportunity to choose our preferred start time /early/middle/late this year? I don’t remember receiving anything!

goby

Me and my mate doing Saturday. i not had much riding time to get the fitness ready for it. Saying that though, did it last year and everyone was so friendly and relaxed was great fun! So just going to plod along and enjoy the atmosphere etc! 🙂

jaylittle
    Free Member

Start times are issued on 14th July. Hope I get an early one…. need as much time as possible.

andybrad

same here.

those for the sunday are we having a sunday after party?

slimporcini
    Free Member

myself and a mate are booked onto saturday. really looking forward to it!

orena45

Doing the Sunday one, first Ard Rock for me. Hoping the riding/event is worth the drive up from Cornwall!

SOAP
    Free Member

Anyone want to sell me they’re ticket and ID ?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

same here.

those for the sunday are we having a sunday after party?

From what I can tell, most of Calderdale are doing the Sunday ‘race’. No after party for me – got a ferry to catch for 2 weeks R&R on the Monday 😀

tmb467
    Free Member

Saturday “sprint” as opposed to “full Enduro”

Looking forward to it

sl80
    Free Member

4 of us on the Saturday enduro, one has backed out due to a collar bone break so that’s at least one ticket that will be going to the reserve list.
    The full schedule was announced today Click
    Stages 1,2 & 5 open for practice on Friday to all riders (enduro and sprint), so it looks like they’ll be the stages used for Saturday afternoons sprint loop.

trout
    Free Member

Monkey mechanic
    I am Marshaling and will be driving from Skipton in the afternoon of Friday.
    So can provide a lift if you are not sorted with no beer above

DrP

I’m in for the full shenanigans on the saturday.
    HT category too…. #Forjenn

DrP

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Monkey mechanic – Felix has been in touch, we’re sorted.

flip456
    Free Member

How is it nearly August, I haven’t started training yet 😯
    Anyone got some advice for an armour wearing novice? Im going to the lbs tomorrow to try some fox launch pro knee pads for starters.

darrenspink
    Free Member

How is it nearly August, I haven’t started training yet
    Anyone got some advice for an armour wearing novice? Im going to the lbs tomorrow to try some fox launch pro knee pads for starters.

Tell me about it, only seems 6 mths ago since last year’s.

Fox pros are spot on for the race. If you come off a soft enduro type pad isn’t going to stop your knee from splitting open on the nice sharp rocks that litter the fields and quarry. I’ll he wearing elbow pads and an open face but nothing more. Obviously depends on your riding ability.

Simon

I’ll be in knee pads and probably elbows too plus open face lid. I’ve done plenty of riding this year but I’m not feeling as fit as last summer and I’m carrying an extra half a stone!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’d never race without knee pads tbh, although in the last year I’ve gone from wearing chunkier, more protective knee pads on rocky, or steep rides/races only, to just wearing bliss minimalist pads every ride. They’re comfy as hell, and I don’t notice I’m wearing them. Granted, they won’t help in a proper big rock smash, but it’s a trade off.

Normal lid too, there’s nowt steep and dodgy at ard Rock.

seadog101

🙁 Can’t go this year…

I was supposed to be away, either at work, or on holiday with the family, so I didn’t book it. As it happens, I’m free that weekend now… doh! That’s what you get for being virtuous and not buying a place on the off chance, as it might have denied someone else…

colournoise

Saturday main event for me. Did the main race last year but had a virus and felt like merde all the way round. No energy to climb or pedal.

Hoping for better this year. Am in the Lakes the week leading up to Ard Rock and driving over on the Saturday morning. Might stick around for the social ride on Sunday or head up to Hamsterley with some mates.

Protection wise, will be going with D3O knees and open face, no elbows but loads of my mates will be going hard knees and elbows.

mark88

Starting order in today’s email. I’ve somehow been lumped with an early start amongst the fast boys and girls. Hopefully I’ll be able to get moved to ride with my mates at a more reasonable hour, but I’m sure it will be a fun experience following them round if not.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Sunday 8.30am, should be back before dark!

richardkennerley

Only 1 ride in ten weeks now…… plus a 5am start in order to get there in time. I may die

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

1230 on the Saturday, lovely, means a few beers up in the village on Friday night…

830 on the Sunday, ideal, home in time for Sunday roast!.

Simon

10.35 start on Saturday for us.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Anybody fancy joining myself on the saturday 9.25 start time as my “mate” has **** jibbed out. Not all that chuffed about riding it solo to be fair as there’s no banter.

stevedoc
    Free Member

8:45 start here Sunday , meaning breakfast at the hostel is served from 7:15am !

Bacon egg sausage toast with Wheetabix chaser and banana … Enduro power !

Pukeko
    Free Member

@wrightyson what’s your contact? I’ve got later start but have mates riding similar start time to you… So would be interested in riding in ya mates slot with you

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

8.25 for me…..

My mate starts at 8.30 so will be letting him catch me up……..

doubleu
    Free Member

10.20am for me…..wanted earlier. Oh well. At least I got a Saturday entry!

wrightyson
    Free Member

@pukeko my contact is,
    My username at g mail dot com. The lad who’s bailed is still coming up to support so will have his entry details with him.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 198 total)

The topic ‘Ard Rock Enduro 2016’ is closed to new replies.