Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 198 total)
  • Ard Rock Enduro 2016
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

slordy, I got an email yesterday to say that if you go on the waiting list for the sunday, they use that for the saturday too. Worth registering.

Dave, gimme a ping nearer the time If you’re going, could even get a ride sorted beforehand if ye fancy it.

mark88

tooFATtoRIDE – Member
    Anyone from London area going? I am thinking of going so looking for a buddy to come along with.

Did you get an entry? I’m heading up from London, riding Saturday.

funkweasel
    Free Member

I’ll be riding on the Saturday – kinda wish I’d gone for Sunday now, but hey ho. I did tell them I’m just hoping to get round.

tooFATtoRIDE
    Free Member

Is anyone from London area going? I will be racing (hahhahahhha) on Sunday but to come down there on Friday. I am looking for other coming there from my end of the woods.

funkrodent

Funkweasel? Funkweasel??? I don’t know whether to laugh or cry

funkrodent

Seriously though. Grreat name, welcome to the small, furry carnivore riding community. Will be at the 16 event. Rode it this yr, some fairly technical stuff but fitness was the key factor. Few of us doing the Sunday (there for whole weekend) we’re a sociable lot and happy to mingle as long as beer is involved..

iain1775
    Free Member

didn’t need photo ID last year even though they said you did

err I did, and everyone in the queue for registration around me had to show it too

mark88

Toofattoride – Yes I will be heading up from London. I was trying to reply to you above but somehow managed to put my whole post as a quote.
    Email is in profile if you want to give me a shout

jaylittle
    Free Member

Ard Rock Sprint….. 30k loop with 4 stages and is open to riders as young as 15.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m tempted, but also on the waiting list for the big enduro. Hmmm…

jambalaya
    Free Member

There was another thread with a link to entry but it got deleted I think.

30k, 2000m climbing, 4+ hours, £5 camping till Monday

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

it’s 2000m of climbing and descending, so more like 1000m climbing.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ah that’s better :))

New thread is still here

This is the link the poster posted in his PSA ’ardrock sprint link

darrenspink
    Free Member

Good alterative, my mate missed out on getting a place on the enduro so he could goto this and still enjoy the party with us.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, I’m in. That bookends the weekend nicely, means I have a reason to go down on the Friday (maybe even the Thursday), as I’d only managed to get into the sunday enduro.

Sorted.

jaylittle
    Free Member

About 6 weeks or so to go. Hope people are more prepared than I am.

richardkennerley

How prepared do I need to be? I’ve ridden my bike once in the past 8 weeks!!

tops5
    Free Member

Was saying how I really need to pull my finger out weezed round Gisburn today. On holiday for 2 weeks now tho

Lucas
    Free Member

Broke my collarbone on Tuesday in preperation….didn’t realise it was only 6 weeks away.

flip456
    Free Member

What is this preperation you speak of?

Cx ing in flatest Norfolk is all that I can muster 😯

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Canny wait, best event on the calendar. Bring it.

wrightyson
    Free Member

You do need a reasonable level of fitness to enjoy it. Couldn’t believe the number of folk having to push on the road sections last year. It’ll be a good 5hrs out on the hill if you don’t get some climbing practice in. 4000 ft and 27 miles isn’t easily covered after once a week sessions at cannock…

ready

Has anyone heard from the organisers recently? All I’ve had is a confirmation email a couple of months ago…

wrightyson
    Free Member

Usually about 3 weeks before you’ll get your start time.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Really looking forward to this, it’s my first Ardrock and more doing it as a tester to see what the fuss is about. Six weeks isn’t a long time to get some big days in. Fingers crossed it’s all I’ve read about, just one problem take the Five or the hardtail……

darrenspink
    Free Member

Comes around fast, let’s hope the weather’s good. Steve doc, the five. I did the first one on a hardtail and although fun it was a much better experience the following year on a full sus.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Same here, rode the Bfe the first year, and the SB66 last year. It’s not the hardest of enduros, but I’d definitely say that the FS helps you carry speed through the rocky stuff.

And the climbings not that bad.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Cheers chaps ,best get the bugger out of moth balls then ,been riding the HT for the last few months thanks to the glorious British weather…….

doubleu
    Free Member

Praying for good weather, my first time at Ard Rock this year. Got a Saturday ticket. No luxery of a campervan so tenting it up!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Looking forward to this one – not looking forward to another few weeks off the bike having smashed myself up. Not the ideal prep, when I was hoping/aiming for a decent result.

Oh well – it’s the week before we go on a riding holiday as well, so it’s probably not ideal to have the full red mist mentality.

ready

I really don’t know what I’ve let myself in for… 😯

Gonna be an awesome weekend whatever tho!! 8)

andybrad

bit worried myself. Got no practice in at all and my training will be attending several drinking festivals before that weekend.

No skill and no fitness, first race / enduro / event.

cant be that bad, can it?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

ready/andybrad – It’s nothing to worry over, it’s not technically the hardest of riding, the climbs are fine and there’s a nice chilled atmosphere too.

It’s the one event I shall endeavour to get in the calendar every year.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

As above, its pretty chilled out. There isn’t/wasn’t anything that wasn’t rollable albeit sometimmes with a bit of commitment.

Just flippin great riding…

stevedoc
    Free Member

I looked at the whole camping lark and noticed the YHA was only five minutes up the road . comfy bed ,warm shower and full English in the morning , and a bike wash ,, easy the best £25 ever spent , really looking forward to a good couple of days riding

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I looked at the whole camping lark and noticed the YHA was only five minutes up the road . comfy bed ,warm shower and full English in the morning , and a bike wash ,, easy the best £25 ever spent , really looking forward to a good couple of days riding

I thought that too, but the atmosphere at the event village/campsite is wicked. All part of an awesome weekend*.

*Though I say this having a nice comfy stealth camper!.

jaylittle
    Free Member

With my average speed on recent rides I hope they give me an early start time!

andybrad

ill be the one desperately trying to sober himself up on the sunday morning.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Im sure more than a few of my group will need a swift coffee break to come round on the Sunday Morning ,as were doing the sport too

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

ill be the one one of the few hundred desperately trying to sober himself up on the sunday morning.

FTFY. Myself included.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 198 total)

The topic ‘Ard Rock Enduro 2016’ is closed to new replies.