• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by aP.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Architects to the forum
  • SaxonRider

My brother has been called to his ARB interview, and can not find any information whatsoever as to what he can expect.

And of course, I am curious as well.

In terms of outcomes, is the ARB process similar to a PhD viva, in that one can pass, fail, or be required to make adjustments and then re-submit?

Indeed, across the whole process, my brother has really been left to interpret the various tasks without reference to any other experience. Is there any place one can go to find out more?

nt80085

Google Search Arb Non-recognised UK qualifications and Overseas qualifications for guidance docs. Good luck.

SaxonRider

Thanks for that. But, on his behalf, I am really wondering about the experience more than anything. I know he has written up everything and assembled his materials according to requirement.

Yak

Don’t know – sorry. Did the standard UK route of the Part 3. That had an interview at the end where we had a friendly chat about the exam, my experience and aspirations. I would imagine anything else will be tougher.

aP
    Free Member

I assume that he’s non-UK/EU?
    As long as he’s submitted all the required information and has a pretty good understanding of UK practice then he should be ok.the trouble is that the ARB is such a self serving organisation. Try emailing Sue Ware and asking what is likely to be asked.

SaxonRider

Thanks aP. He’s originally Canadian where he did his training, but of Italian citizenship.

I’ll get him to follow up the contact.

aP
    Free Member

His quals are Canadian? Is there a reciprocal arrangement with Canada?
    If he googlefu’s there’s bound to be a forum somewhere with people’s experiences of hoop jumping.
    Is he registered there? That should help.

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

I believe she spells it Soo, not Sue.

aP
    Free Member

Ah. In the 90s she spelled it Soo, she’s gone old fashioned now 😉
    Bartlett, eh?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Architects to the forum’ is closed to new replies.