Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Apprentice thick contestants – again!
  • sweep
    Free Member

Okay… not academically ‘thick’ I suppose, but is anyone else always amazed at what a bunch of clueless berks most of them are every series?

I mean, the tasks aren’t exactly difficult to do well are they?

They’re all so wrapped up in talking ‘roles’ and coming out with ‘what makes them as a person’, their ‘style’ and all the ‘business speak’ but then they go out in the tasks and are absolutely dire… its as if none of them have ever worked at all in the real world, at best like a bunch of schoolkids (and that’s an insult to schoolkids).

Good TV if you like watching berks though, I suppose that’s the whole point or they’d just get some good people on there.

mboy
    Free Member

Good TV if you like watching berks though, I suppose that’s the whole point or they’d just get some good people on there.

YUP!

Alan Sugar giving the winning berk £100k a year (yeah right, it’s paid for by the BBC I bet!) to sit in a corner and shut up once the show is over is a small price to pay for all the publicity the show gives him. Just like Big Brother, the show started as a genuinely interesting experiment, but after a season or two, it quickly degraded into lowest common denominator idiot TV.

All this “I’m the complete package, I’m this, I’m that, I’m the other” b0ll0x they all keep spouting… WHY? Surely they must’ve watched the show in years gone by themselves and know that this is exactly the wrong tactic to take? Best tactic is to shut up and get on with doing things and making money! And if you’re that thick you forget to shut the car door before jetwashing it, you deserve all you get quite frankly…

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Because they wouldn’t have got on the show in the first place with that tactic.

My mate was on it last year, and he was saying that they go to extroadinary lengths to get those quotes out of the contestants as well.

Although he could have been saying that after claiming a stupidly high I on the show when we all knew he would struggle to project manage his shit into the pan on an average day.

IanMunro
    Free Member

All this “I’m the complete package, I’m this, I’m that, I’m the other” b0ll0x they all keep spouting… WHY?

It gets mugs to watch the program 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

It wouldn’t be very interesting to just watch a bunch of sensible, intelligent, promising and well-qualified candidates being interviewed for a job though.

It’s all about the ludicrously deluded, brass-necked bulls****ers for me.

samuri
    Free Member

indeed, for those that like it, it’s like pop idol where the program stops being interesting after they’ve seeded out all the mentally ill people.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Surely everyone knows what you’re going to get with this program?

I like it, it’s an hour of good amusement.

My favourite bit this week was when the hummer guy said how they only paid £60 to get 3 cars washed and that lassie who had just asked for £300 could only stand there and say “You’re wrong. You must be wrong.”

molgrips
    Free Member

I think part of it is that the people are psyched up beyond belief – they are on the point of bursting with motivation, so they end up acting like dicks. Most of them already have successful jobs and yet they act like teenagers on coke on telly.

ourmaninthenorth

berks

Good choice of word. Why? Because “berk” is short for Berkley Hunt, which is rhyming slang for c…

I rest my case, m’lud.

sweep
    Free Member

Naaa, just a good word.

I agree with the fact that it would be just as entertaining if they had some genuinely good people on there doing a good job of it. Okay, it would be a more ‘intelligent’ programme, I’m not entirely sure it needs to be dumbed down for viewing figures. I am genuinely staggered at how crap they can be at these tasks though.

Plus, Alan congratulating them for winning a task?? I would have thought 8 people could find 80 cars to wash at £10 each and manage to do 10 each in 8 hours with nothing more than buckets and sponges, water and a bit of fairy liquid? Would it really be that hard?

I mean that would be £800 minus a few quid of kit. That would be over 3 times the profit they had. Even at £5 you could find a car and wash it every half hour (bearing in mind you’ve got a camera crew with you you wouuldn’t be looking for attention, you’d get noticed). That’d give you £80 each …£640 …how difficult can they make it? That’s the real talent – ‘how difficult can a bunch of berks make a completely simple task?’ – cos a bunch of normal hard working people would just make money.

Can’t wait for the marketing/advertising tasks, they are where you really get to see the berks in their natural environment, its pretty much laughable every time.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

‘how difficult can a bunch of berks make a completely simple task?’ – cos a bunch of normal hard working people would just make money.

Ex-****-actly mate. This is what I’ve been saying about this program for years now. How crap are they at simple things? I’d much rather see them picking ten genuinely talented and hardworking people, from various backgrounds, and let them off. Wasn’t the first series a bit more like that (though I never really saw it properly)?

All Sugar gives a damn about is whether you can sell. He is not a business entrepreneur. He is however very very good at being in the right place at the right time (not by luck either) Anything “new” he’s tried in the last few years has been crap and ask Tottenham fans how they feel about his attempt at running a football club. His gift has always been in finding opportunities and markets to sell into, and then cultivating that opportunity. And when it comes down to it, that’s all he cares about with the contestants.

But what do the BBC do? They take an interesting proposition for a TV programme and then go and find the twelve (I bet the guy who dropped out was relieved and I wasn’t impressed with how Sugar belittled him in front of the cameras without him being there to defend himself either) muppets that will get us shouting at the Tv the most. It sickens me.

Can’t wait for the marketing/advertising tasks, they are where you really get to see the berks in their natural environment, its pretty much laughable every time.

Bang on there again. That’ll be the fun part…but not as much fun as watching them tear one anothers’ “strategies” apart when it’s down to the firing part.

sweep
    Free Member

I agree again…

Its a shame, cos if you wanna people watch there’s plenty of mindless jungle/bb rubbish …this programme could actually be good though, really good and intellectually stimulating BUT they choose to put these idiots on there who just don’t seem to come from planet earth.

I bet they just go by viewing figures and see them ‘up and up’ and think they have the programme’s formula right, but that alone doesn’t mean the programme is good …like my mate said once, tesco sell a lot of baked beans but who gives a ****?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Apprentice thick contestants – again!’ is closed to new replies.