Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Applying decals to Pikes – any tips?
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of updated graphics from Invisiframe. Any tips for removing the old / applying the new? I’d imagine getting them in the right position and straight is the trickiest bit. Was planning to have a pic of some to compare against.

Ambrose

Apply them to a wet surface and they can be removed/ repositioned if need be. Then press them home. All good 🙂

onedpete
    Free Member

I just did mine too. Bit of a bitch getting the wraparound graphic the same on each leg!! Mine were slikgraphics ones and they had a dotted marking on the backing sheet showing centre of fork leg, problem was it was completely useless as a guide onece the decal was removed from it! I got mine looking pretty spot on in the end, but it took a while. I googled an image to copy and used a hairdryer when it wasn’t lined up quite right, I removed mine a good 4 times no problems. Make sure you clean down the legs with some ipa before you start. Good luck my friend….

poey50
    Free Member

Hot air drier to soften the glue on the old graphic and they will peel off. Get any other glue off with IPA and de-grease with same. Soapy water spray on leg, graphics and hand to keep things moving.

I used Slikgraphics. The trick is to stick the guide on the leg first then position the graphic lightly, remove the guide and smooth down the graphic.

matther01
    Free Member

As said above, all good advice. I looked at pics of current 2016 forks and realised if you line them up against where the fork maxle housing starts to protrude you can line them up pretty well

Singletrackmonkey
    Free Member

Soapy water in a pump sprayer. Put some on your finger tips too. Then once your happy use a soft squeegee to push out the soapy water and air bubbles. Leave for 24 hours. Done!

singlespeedstu

Leave them with no stickers on.
    Stealthy black is the way forwards.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

I have done all my forks. If they are a little older you can see the non faded parts where the old stickers were… very useful!

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Length of masking tape square up along the side of the old decal, and another length at the top/or bottom before you remove it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Applying decals to Pikes – any tips?’ is closed to new replies.