Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • applied-for job title and description changed post deadline.
  • Pook

I applied for a job, deadline last Friday, which was ideal for me – pretty damn perfect in fact.

I’ve had a look at my jobs ‘portal’ today and both the job title and description have entirely changed over the weekend to something I’m really not that suited for.

Can they do that? What can I do other than look like an unsuitable candidate?

binners

Oh dear god!! I’ve read about this type of thing. Were you promised a job working behind a bar? Then suddenly you come round from a drugged stupor to find yourself in a seedy bedsit with a locked door guarded by a large Serbian gentleman?

They’ve not made you do anything ‘inappropriate, have they? Can you see any landmarks out of the window? I’ll try and get help!! Hang on in there mate!!!

wwaswas

Can they do that?

They can probably do what they like, tbh.

Can you just phone them and ask what’s going on?

Pook

wwwasws, yeah – just want to be armed should they try to fob me off.

Binners – I’ve told you before, stop including me in your fantasies you dirty bolshevik pervert.

sas
    Free Member

If the deadline was last Friday, is it possible they’ve put up a completely separate job on the same page?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I looked at a job advert once. It described one role and gave all the details.

I then looked at the job advert after the original advert had expired and it had a different job title, description and details.

Turned out it was an advert for a different job.

Pook

It’s the same job reference number – and they’ve changed the job I applied for in my ‘folder’, i.e. the saved, applied for job.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Its not NHS by any chance is it?

Pook

fd – no.

psling
    Free Member

Probably filled it internally having ‘advertised’ it externally and now they’re looking to fill their ‘successful’ applicant’s post.

sing1etrack

I went for an interview for a job at Asda’s head office 6 or 7 years ago – arrived to be told the job I’d applied for didn’t exist and they’d interview me for a different one altogether. I wondered why they didn’t tell me this beforehand and save me a trip to Leeds. Bizarre. I also turned up in a suit and tie – wholly appropriate to the job I’d applied for – to find everyone in the building in their civvies and my interviwerer in jeans, trainers and a polo shirt. It made the interview feel even more strange. Turns out it was dress-down Friday – personally I’d still dress professionally if I was interviwing someone for a job, even if it was dress-down Friday. They didn’t even have the decency to tell me I hadn’t got the job I didn’t apply for. Not that I wanted to work there after the whole experience. Clowns.

So yeh, they can probably do what they like.

chakaping
    Free Member

Call them and ask, politely.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Why not send someone else to the interview?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Chances are that a loser like you wouldn’t have got the job anyway.

😉

Pook

Oi! cheeky southern pansie.

done that car yet nick?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Not quite finished the car but I have had my first electrical fire!

https://sites.google.com/site/g46wca/

Check out the last days updates for pics.

TVR is back up for sale if you are interested. Most reliable car I own right at the moment.

binners

Most reliable car I own right at the moment.

Hmmmmmm. I’m getting the feeling there may not be much competition there? Am I right?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Mercedes CL600AMG – German engineering at its finest. (electrical issue with passenger seat)
    Isuzu TF Crew Cab – Japanese reliability. (No fuel reaching the engine so not running)
    Scimitar SE5 – Traditional English design and build. (It is 40 years old and was parked under a tree in 1989 so still needs a touch of TLC)

TVR350 – 3.5 V8 running 4 barrel Holleys. Starts every time, doesn’t leak and it has pop up head lights. What’s not to love?

aidso
    Free Member

A friend of mine is in the exact same position today – and I am sure you are not him :).
    His employer made his job redundant but at the same time there was another job advertised internally. So he went for that and during the interview process, HR hinted that they had already got someone lined up for the position and it was simply a formality that they were giving him an interview. It was for a managers job.
    So fast forward 30 days and he had accepted the job (no idea where the other person went) and acknowledged that it was not quite what he wanted to do in life – they stuck him in at a lower level – but it was well paid and would tie him over especially since his current job was being axed. They sent out his contract at the weekend and they have extended his working week to working Saturdays, extra hours during the week and they expect him to do oncall. Like it, or lump it is basically what they have told him.
    So it sounds like employers are up to their old tricks.

tl;dr: Applied for Managers job, given pleb job instead. Still expected to do all the manager tasks, oncall and not get paid extra.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘applied-for job title and description changed post deadline.’ is closed to new replies.