Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Apple vs Android Data Usage
  • Coyote
    Free Member

Thinking of switching from Android (HTC) to iPhone (SE). I currently have a 1GB data allowance which is fine. Is Apple more data hungry than it’s Android counterparts?

prawny

Dunno, but it’s more of a faff to turn it on and off than with android.

The Mrs got by on 250mb with a iPhone for a year or so, so it’s doable, I don’t think I’d want to though.

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

Depends what apps you have running in the background I imagine.
    Facebook can be a hog if you don’t disable background data.
    Sync only on wifi etc and what you browse is where your majority of data use will be.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

http://umbersystems.com/android-vs-ios-data-usage/

Interesting question. The above test used default settings; it also has no date of publication. I reckon you’d be hard pushed to find a definitive answer.

irelanst
    Free Member

If you get the SE turn off wifi assist, my daughter was smashing through her data allowance before we realised what was happening (wifi wasn’t great in her bedroom)

CountZero

Too many variables to give a definitive answer, I’d have thought. Never hurts to see if there’s a cheaper package with more data, I had a call from O2 on Monday, which doesn’t happen often, with a promotion offer. I was paying £25/month for unlimited texts and calls with 4Gb of data, sim only; the offer gave me 10Gb of data for £19/month – I snapped her hand off!

DickBarton

Best not browse this website on the new phone…properly data hungry…;-)

nickdavies

I find iPhone pretty easy to manage – data is on/off really easily, and you can alter things like background data, updates over mobile etc and you can allow individual apps access to mobile data or not. System services can muller data if you don’t set it up properly though. And yeah turn the wifi assist thing off.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Apple vs Android Data Usage’ is closed to new replies.