• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by m360.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • apple iphone lightening connector – where to buy?
  • burko73

I just want to buy a couple of iphone 6 sync/ charge cables for putting 1 in the car, leaving 1 at work etc. Sick of forgetting/ moving cables around.

I looked on Amazon and this is a minefield it seems… lots of fakes, unsupported, duff cables etc or v expensive apple product (but may be a fake)

Any of you know (with experience) where’s the best place to get a good quality, supported, genuine if needed, reasonably priced iphone cable from?

Can’t be much to ask…?

simon_g

Belkin, Anker or AmazonBasics, although some (Amazon especially) have quite fat connectors that don’t work with many cases.

£6-7 seems about the threshold where you get something that will last more than a few weeks.

khani
    Free Member

Bit of a curve ball, but the last time I was in Cash Converters they had a pile of secondhand genuine Apple ones for a fiver a pop, I decided a s/hand Apple ones were better than snide new ones so bought four just to scatter round the house/car so I wasn’t caught short.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I saw a phone holder to put on a desk with a fixed glued cable only at £ shop for a £.

Was looking for a standalone lightning cable too (bump).

johnhe

This is one of the most irritating things about Apple. I’ve bought Belkin stuff in the past along with leads which are “certified for use with Apple” and I still get “this accessory may not be supported” messages. Very irritating.

davea37

Can’t go wrong with Anker cables. I bought a couple of these (http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00K4VQZCM) several months ago and they’re handling the abuse I give them admirably. Can’t say the same about Amazon Basics, they fell apart in a matter of weeks.

DrJ

Can’t go wrong with Anker cables. I bought a couple of these (http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00K4VQZCM) several months ago and they’re handling the abuse I give them admirably

I went to buy these and noticed they have some corded nylon ones as well, that may be more durable. I ordered 3 (to get free postage) so I guess I’ll find out …

Rio

Does a lightening cable help overcome the excessive weight of an iphone 6 plus?

On a less pedantic note I got a couple of lightning cables from Lidl for a fiver each, seem to work fine, worth having a look if you’re ever in there and easy to take back if you get the dreaded “may not be supported” error.

Drac

I’ve bought them in batch from Ebay and they worked great. For the price it was worth gambling on.

brassneck

I went to buy these and noticed they have some corded nylon ones as well, that may be more durable.

Have some mini USB corded cables for the Nexus and they are a vast improvement, and very durable for 99p. If I couldn’t help myself to handfuls of compatible (no message) lightning cables at work I’d be tempted.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Sainsburys do a Griffin one for around a tenner. Bombproof compared to the Apple one.

johndoh
    Free Member

I’ve bought them in batch from Ebay and they worked great. For the price it was worth gambling on.

This – I bought some a while back and they didn’t all work very well. Bought some two weeks ago (claiming to be genuine but I knew they weren’t) and they are all working perfectly – these ones

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Any £ type of shop will have certified cables.

andrewreay

A good article / review here.

Lightening cable reviews – The Wirecutter

Although it’s a US site, you can get most of the cables in the UK through Amazon. Bought a twin pack of the Anker review winners for SWMO and they do seem to be very good indeed.

m360
    Free Member
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘apple iphone lightening connector – where to buy?’ is closed to new replies.