Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Apparently these are rare!
  • thehustler
    Free Member

3rd one must be much rarer as it’s a different colour

fasthaggis

First one does look in good nick,but a £450 starting price seems a bit OTT.

portlyone

Nitanium?!

fasthaggis

Unobtanium 😉

neil853
    Free Member

I used to sell them when I worked in a shop in South West London, we were one of the few shops of the group that sold lots of steel ones. Good bikes, in fact that was a good year for SBC. Man, I miss working in cycle shops 🙁

fasthaggis

Neil ,what is the frame made of then ?

inigomontoya
    Free Member

got a 2004 frame you can have, very rare example

neil853
    Free Member

As far as I can remember they were tange prestige (definately tange but may not have been prestige)

njee20
    Free Member

They did indeed have a sticker saying “Nitanium” on the seat tube.

johnners
    Free Member

I used to have one of them. I think “Nitanium” is just CroMo. They weren’t expensive bikes, there’ll be nothing too exotic about them.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

obvious not worth what he’s asking but nice frames. I particularly like the middle one the steel tubes with the silvery blue looks really good.

darrell
    Free Member

used to have a 1996 Rockhopper. i gave it to a mate in Zurich and the last time i saw it it was tied up to the fence outside the Starbucks at Central in Zurich.

antthebike
    Free Member

No-tanium more like! Its a joke price. Nostalgia is a funny thing, I sold my Timberline and missed it like hell for no good reason. The guy who bought it came to show it to me once. i didnt recognise it at all and he hadnt done anything but take care of it, same bike, same components etc. Nostalgia? more like neuralgia! 😉

Taff
    Free Member

Probably genuine sellers. My otehr halfs brother has a giant frame that he was told was worth a grand and ‘limited edition’. He still won’t believe me when I say it’s just cheap tat!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Ritchey Nitanium ?

Niobium is an effective microalloying element for steel. Adding niobium to the steel causes the formation of niobium carbide and niobium nitride within the structure of the steel.[20] These compounds improve the grain refining, retardation of recrystallization, and precipitation hardening of the steel. These effects in turn increase the toughness, strength, formability, and weldability of the microalloyed steel.[20] Microalloyed stainless steels have a niobium content of less than 0.1%.[47] It is an important alloy addition to high strength low alloy steels which are widely used as structural components in modern automobiles.[20] These niobium-containing alloys are strong and are often used in pipeline construction.

*wikipedia

yeah im not sure why i want one again as at the time i wanted something lighter that had a disk mount. I seem to remember paying somewhere between 400-500 pounds new so the price is pretty comical!

Reluctant
    Free Member

Golden Stumpy 007 by Pablo’s Feet, on Flickr

Mmmm, Nitanium!

neilnevill
    Free Member

I had one of those rockhoppers, err a 2000 or 2001 model…black frame. £450, fully rigid, mix of lx and xt bits…oh and some deore shifters which are still going strong having been on a fw bikes since….currently a ti456.

Nice frame, but nothing special.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Apparently these are rare!’ is closed to new replies.