Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Apparently Pope John Paul II performed a miracle.
  • poppa
    Free Member
    druidh
    Free Member

Or maybe not….

A Polish newspaper said that a doctor who scrutinised the nun’s case had concluded that she might have been suffering not from Parkinson’s, but from a nervous disorder from which temporary recovery is medically possible.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Some folks will believe anything

grunty
    Free Member

Well, the Church’s own doctors said it was true, so it must be.

What a crock of *****!

Looks like the Nazi wants to secure himself a sainthood!

wwaswas

I’ll believe in miracles when someone’s arm or leg grows back…

saleem
    Free Member

I had a blessing from him after getting married in Rome would have been a miracle if we’d stayed together.

kimbers

surely there are more deserving men in italy

BermBandit
    Free Member

If you read it the mircale actually happened after he’d died. I’m all for a good old bit of Hocus Pocus, but this is stretching it a bit….Dead pope performs miracle on Nun shocker do you reckon its precursor to finding out shes had a child by any chance? 😉

BermBandit
    Free Member

Immacualte conception……don’t know about that, but I’d give it a 7! 😯

retro83
    Free Member

let’s see them heal some amputees then

IdleJon

grunty – Member

Benedict was a Nazi wasn’t he, not JP2?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

they’re really clutching at straws aren’t they. I can’t wait until the awakening that puts an end to all religious nonsense.

spoon
    Free Member

“Church-appointed doctors” say no more

Junkyard
    Free Member

He was conscripted but deserted – the current one. The labelis an easy slur but I am less sure it is an accurate one.

geetee1972
    Free Member

You ignorant freaking pig!

Have you any idea how ignorant that comment is?

John Paul was Polish. Did you just fail to bother with school altogether?

Trimix
    Free Member

How do they manage to keep this nonsence up for so long ?

I can understand it in the third world, but in Europe ?

Is there some reason why Polish people can’t be nazis then ?

Northwind

It’s just a case of an old rule running into the hard facts of modern life, saints have to have performed a miracle, and saving jewish kids from the nazis does not qualify so you have to make something up. But very sad if The Best Pope Ever has to be remembered for this nonsense.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Mind you, he did have miracle performed for him, apparently. An invisible magic woman called “Our Lady of Fatima” (who he was having a spiritual affair with. Or something.) guided the assassin’s bullet so that it did not kill him, when he was shot at.

One might ask, if the invisible magic woman was so good at suspending the laws of physics, why she didn’t guide the bullet so that it missed him completely, thereby saving the team of theatre nurses and expert surgeons the bother of fighting for 11 hours to complete the saving of his life..

Of course, the current Silly Man In A Magic Hat relies on bullet-proof glass. I suppose the invisible magic woman doesn’t like him as much. 🙄

Northwind

Mr Woppit – Member

“I suppose the invisible magic woman doesn’t like him as much.”

Can’t really fault her, he’s a bit of a c*** isn’t he.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Is there some reason why Polish people can’t be nazis then ?[/Quote]
    Well assuming we mean the actual nazi party of hitler infamy they could not join as they were racially inferior and the nazis tried to destroy them whilst they did forced labour. I suspect some collaborators did join but dont actually know for sure
    http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10005473

Jon paul was believed to have aided Jews escaping and was never implicated as a Nazi as far as i am aware.
    Theses days I guess they could be fascist in a nazi party and Polish but as the true nazis’s believe Poles are inferior to Germans it would require a someone really stupid ….now what are the chances of finding a stupid Nazi.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Is there some reason why Polish people can’t be nazis then ?

In this particular instance, where you’re talking about the Nazi party of the Third Reich, I’d think you’re sailing pretty close to f**ing wind there my friend.

I’D spark you flat out if you were in a room with me and said that – seriously, no questions. I’d just lay flat on the floor and leave you crying. And I could do it.

My grandfather spent the entire second world war in a Nazi concentration camp. They were being lined up to be executed towards the end. He rode horses against the German tanks. Aushcwitz was set up specifically to deal with Poles before they got around to dishing it out to the Jews

So yeah, I’d say there was pretty F****ing compelling reason why Poles shouldn’t be suggested as being members of the Nazi party you ignorant prick.

BRING ON THE BAN MODERATORS AND THROW MIDLANDTRAILQUEST IN THERE WHILE YOU’RE AT IT

Bez

You could perhaps have answered that particular question without the abuse, no?

Well done for knowing the answer, most of us would, but not everyone has the sun shining out of their angry little bottom like you do.

tankslapper
    Free Member

He headlined for Pink Floyd in ’72……..

now THATS a miracle

aracer
    Free Member

All you agnostics on here – why exactly are you complaining about somebody being made a saint (something you don’t believe in)?

dickydutch

Kevevs
    Free Member

can you ask him to end the bluddy TJ thread then?

chewkw
    Free Member

Why is it wrong to call him a saint if he has not done anything wrong to harm people? It is just a title awarded to him by living beings that’s all. Everyone can be a saint if s/he lives a life that cultivates a good mind (a good person) as a human being.

As for WWII the Polish fought bravely albeit with inferior weaponry and should be commended. Bear in mind, they were also amongst the best RAF fighter pilots during that time but when the war ended the Poles were not invited to the victorious/celebratory march which is a shame and I still do not know the reason why they were left out.

🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

There were some Polish who fought for the Wehrmacht but they were volksdeutsche and mostly conscripted, and of course many volksdeutsche (in all occupied countries) didn’t make themselves known or did and aided the resistance. As in everything there are shades of grey.

I think MTQGraham was just asking a question rather than inferring anything.

Volksdeutsche

During World War II, Polish citizens of German ancestry, who often identified with the Polish nation, were confronted with the dilemma of registering in the Deutsche Volksliste. Many ethnic Germans had families who had lived in Poland for centuries; even the more recent immigrants had arrived 30 years or more before the war. They faced the choice of registering and being regarded as traitors by other Poles, or not signing and being treated by the Nazi occupation as traitors to the Germanic “race”.

In some cases, individuals consulted the Polish resistance first, before signing the Volksliste. There were Volksdeutsche who played important roles in intelligence activities of the Polish resistance, and were at times the primary source of information for the Allies. In the turmoil of the postwar years, the Communist government did not consider this sufficient mitigation. It prosecuted many of the double-agent Volksdeutsche and sentenced some to death.

Geetee, you won’t go to heaven if you keep being rude to people like that.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

He will if he apologises to a fella in a closet.

IdleJon

aracer – Member
    All you agnostics on here – why exactly are you complaining about somebody being made a saint (something you don’t believe in)?

Because it is being reported in the news as if it is something which should concern everyone.

This is stone age pagan rubbish don’t you think? The head of a church that only believes in one god still believes that it’s mortal representative can heal people after he is dead.

(I find it hard to fathom that we’ve reached the 20th century and supposedly educated people still believe in this crap.)

I think MTQGraham was just asking a question rather than inferring anything.

Well, yes I was.
    Surely in every conflict there must be traitors, collaborators and double agents on both sides.
    I thought, with this modern idea of “war on terror” and “winning the hearts and minds of the people”, that we had moved away from the old ways of assuming that everyone of a particular nationality followed a particular ideology.
    But you know what it’s like. When you get a bite like that, it’s hard to resist reeling them in.

Bez

Because it is being reported in the news as if it is something which should concern everyone.

It’s being reported because it’s something that concerns a large number of people, not everyone. If everything had to interest everyone the BBC news site would be pretty empty.

chewkw
    Free Member

IdleJon: “This is stone age pagan rubbish don’t you think? The head of a church that only believes in one god still believes that it’s mortal representative can heal people after he is dead.”

He might believe in one god when he was alive but there might be many gods.
    :mrgreen:

IdleJon

Bez – Member

It’s being reported because it’s something that concerns a large number of people, not everyone. If everything had to interest everyone the BBC news site would be pretty empty.

It depends on where you look for figures but it seems to concern 1 in 10 of the UK population at most. Don’t forget that the UK is not a Catholic country so why should the 9/10s of non-Catholics give two hoots about small changes to something they don’t believe in. (Especially when it is so arcane (is that the word?) and delivered in an entirely believing manner? Of course the pope can heal people after he dies! Of course he can, he’s magic!)

According to the same websites there are about twice the number of Catholics in the UK as opposed to Muslims so in reality it’s a similar magnitude of people – do we get regular updates about their religion as well? Have they had any miracles lately?

5thElefant
    Free Member

It depends on where you look for figures but it seems to concern 1 in 10 of the UK population at most.

Don’t forget the 9 in 10 who like a good laugh.

Less than 2% of the UK population attend football matches each week, yet footballers fighting, crashing expensive cars or shagging prostitutes is front page news.

aracer
    Free Member

I’d also suggest that Christians of flavours other than Catholic have a bit more than a passing interest in Catholics being made saints.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

do any of the christians/catholics on here actually think that PJP did acutally perform a miracle?

i do wonder what proportion of catholics actually believe it all, or just have a faith for other personal reasons.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Apparently Pope John Paul II performed a miracle.’ is closed to new replies.