Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Apologies – knobber mechanical (brakes) question.
  • deluded
    Free Member

Sorry about this – I’m currently addressing my mechanical ineptitude. I bought some tools the other day and managed to change a bottom bracket and cassette without incident, which was a big thing for me!

Right, I purchased a set of Hayes Stroker Ryde brakes from CRC (for £37 – very happy), however they’re set up Euro stylie (front lever on the left, rear on the right). How do I change them over – can I just simply detach the hoses at the levers and swap them over, or is it a bit of a mission to do, necessitating brake bleeds and stuff?

kinda666
    Free Member

I thought they were flip flop?

deluded
    Free Member

I thought they were flip flop?

I think I know what you mean – but the Hayes Stroker graphics would be inward facing and my OCD would find that difficult to cope with.

faustus

Paint or cover the graphics. offending graphic problem solved. No real point swapping hoses and possible bleeding for the sake of that. Or even easier just get used to the graphic being a different (i.e. not wrong) way up! 🙂

unovolo
    Free Member

I’d get T-cut and just buff the print off, It should easily polish off before going through to the main paint on the body of the reservoir.

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Do the lines need shortening? If so it answers your question as you’ll need to disconnect the hoses for that and you may as well do this at the same time.

davidjey
    Free Member

I sold my Stroker Rydes to a Polish mate, he runs his brakes ‘euro’. He just fitted them without bothering to swap over the hoses and they run fine.

deluded
    Free Member

Do the lines need shortening? If so it answers your question as you’ll need to disconnect the hoses for that and you may as well do this at the same time.

I don’t think the lines need shortening. I know that I’ll have to disconnect the hoses – I was just after some quick tips from the hive on what to expect, what I’ll need to do and the tools required. It seems from further research a bleed is inevitable and I’d like to know how to do it in any case.

I did take a look at your website, which I found intuitive and helpful. I’ve downloaded an instructional PDF & I’ll order a Stroker bleed kit from you in the next day or two, swap the hoses over and see how I get on – thanks, mate.

cliffyc
    Free Member

I would use black marker to obliterate HAYES logo for the time being. When you need to bleed them,do the swap over,switch hoses and bleed them. Marker pen will come off with isopropol alcohol/meths (don’t think it would wipe off graphics as they stand up to DOT fluid) Result OCD happiness! 🙂

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Happy to help, deluded.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Apologies – knobber mechanical (brakes) question.’ is closed to new replies.