Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • AOL Technical Support – Anyone help with a UK contact number ?
  • PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Trying to confirm my password to set up a new router and AOL are proving to be spectacularly bad.

After 40 minutes on the phone yesterday trying to talk to someone who could not understand me and I could not understand them I was given the wrong password, no idea how much that call cost me.

After 8 emails to technical support I have receieved no answer.

I have tried calling the technical support number again today only to get a message after a few minutes that their systems are down.

I cannot be the only person to come across this totally carp service, has anyone out their discovered a phone number for a UK based technical support centre ?

smudge
    Free Member

Doubt it very much, I had a nightmare with them and left for Virgin in the end.

Have you tried all of these?

AOL Broadband Member Services

General enquiries (including technical support and billing): by telephone on 0844 499 5555*

Broadband enquiries: by telephone on 0844 499 5555*

McAfee, Computer Checkup and System Mechanic enquiries: 0808-234-9279 (free from UK landline, calls from mobile may be charged depending on provider).

Also a good tip I learnt is ring the phone number you want to sign up to with ie aol broadband. 9 times out of 10 it will be someone english as they want your custom 😉

When I had continual grief with broadband with Virgin I tweeted Mr Branson himself (thought why not) and within a couple of minutes had Virgin media (English service) on the phone sorting it out for me :-)(still took a week though!) but alteast I was informed every day by a phone call.

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Smudge,

Thanks for the tips.

I’ve tried the number you quote but ironically they have a message saying their systems are down !

Can’t even get their own technical support on the case let alone help customers.

project
    Free Member

Aol seems to be palying up the last few days, it has for me.

DaRC_L

Ahh what you’ve got there is one of them oxymoron fingy’s…
    “Aol Technical Support”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘AOL Technical Support – Anyone help with a UK contact number ?’ is closed to new replies.