Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anywhere to bike about halfway between derby and hemel hempstead
  • theboatman
    Free Member

As above, mate has moved down to hemel so getting into the peak has become a bit more trouble for him, just wondered if anyone know’s of any decent riding halfway between Derby/ Hemel or do I need to get a new mate?

Jase
    Free Member

Not half way but Woburn is about 25 miles north of Hemel.

theboatman
    Free Member

Not too great for me, but what’s there? enough riding for a few hours? any hills?

Jase
    Free Member

Mainly XC but there is a jump park (loads on youtube).

If someone shows you round then 3-4 hours worth. Some hills but nothing compared to the peaks, enough to get the heart rate going though.

What about Cannock? I’d guess about 90 miles from Hemel, not sure how far from Derby though?

oldgit
    Free Member

Yes more than enough for a good 3 or 4 hours, our average trip around Woburn at a fair old lick and knowing were to go takes about 3 1/2 hours. And it’s easily extendable.
    Hills? nothing on the scale of the Peaks, but more singletrack hills and they’re more punchy.
    Rideable all year as well.

theboatman
    Free Member

Nice one, sounds good thanks, I’ll give it a go. You don’t know of any routes availible on line by any chance do you?

Jase
    Free Member

some info on the cyclone MBC site e.g.

[/url]

Its quite a small area with trails going off in all directions so probably best to hook up with a local.

Jase
    Free Member
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anywhere to bike about halfway between derby and hemel hempstead’ is closed to new replies.