Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anywhere interesting to ride around the Kettering area?
  • oopnorth
    Free Member

I’ve ended up near Kettering due to work and looking for local places to ride, it all seems a bit flat and road based. Before I mothball the mountain bike, can anyone suggest any good local woods or off road area that I can use for mtb or link up with a cyclocross? I’m aware of Woburn and Thetford but would prefer something without too much of a drive from kettering for most outings, preferably somewhere I could ride to with the cyclocross.

Thanks for any help.

ollybus
    Free Member

Small but perfectly formed: Scar tree trail

stumpy01

Wakerley Woods, which I think that link is pointing to.

Whenever I’ve been in the winter though, it’s been a complete & utter bog-fest…

cyclelife
    Free Member

Chicksands isn’t too far

Duc
    Free Member

sunday morning Treads CC rides in Northampton

colournoise

Yup, Wakerley/Scartree is the closest (15-20 minute drive from Kettering) vaguely proper (ie, not edge of field bridleway bashing) MTB stuff – think a small Thetford/Sherwood and you’re not far off.

The built trails are pretty much all weather, but the off piste stuff can be a bit of a swampy grind in the wet. Mud spikes or fat bikes from now until March usually.

If you need showing the off piste stuff, we ride on a Wednesday night – look for Wakerley Wheelers on Facebook and ask.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Thanks all, I’ll check them all out…appreciated

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anywhere interesting to ride around the Kettering area?’ is closed to new replies.