Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Anywhere in the South of England not soddon?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Haven't been out for a ride for ages. Local woods are a quagmire. Anywhere within an hour or so of Southampton that isn't a mud bath?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Clearly not then

nosherduke996
    Free Member

Just come back from Peaslake and it is very wet apart from the new ending of Barry Knows Best which is superb. 🙄

scaredypants

have you been into the NF recently?

Last time I went was about 2wk ago – was just wet (VERY) rather than super-muddy. Standing water everywhere, plus the occasional bog but not awful (for the forest).

(may be worse now the animals have trampled around for a couple more weeks)

dobo
    Free Member

yea pretty boggy at the moment, doing more paths and tracks that arnt as boggy

WCA dont know if your aware but South of England Championships/Wessex League Round 10/South West League Round 9 Cyclocross is on tomorrow at the sports center.
    Should be interesting viewing

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

Nope everywhere is.

Lest
    Free Member

South downs way will be wet but its never boggy.
    East of butser in any case as thats where the proper chalk trail starts.

Dead slippery though on the chalk but good for sharpening up the reactions!

allthepies
    Free Member

It's sodden

woodsman
    Free Member

I doubt it – just ride anyway! 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Even the Qs are soaking and muddy. Who cares, it's slidy fun. Mendip tomorrow – with snorkel

rOcKeTdOg

gloopy here in the Midlands, "interesting" on summer tyres 🙂

Dibbs
    Free Member

Even the Qs are soaking and muddy.

But still perfectly rideable if you choose your route, (but you'd have to go some to get here from Southampton in an hour 😉 ).

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Might take a wander over the sport centre tomorrow to cheer them along.

Do you reckon they would let me enter as I have a CX tyre on the front of my 96er fixie?

40mpg

Last cx I saw at Southampton was a little muddy.
    Should be fun tomorrow!

br
    Free Member

Chicksands was ok today, compared to everywhere else, but probably a bit more than an hour from Southampton…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

What time does the CX kick off?

40mpg

2pm

dobo
    Free Member

Calendar Additions and Amendments

South of England Champs Update: Due to a much larger than anticipated entry for the South of England Championships, 6 December, and the desire to have fair and competitive racing it has been decided to split the main race in to two. The new timings for the race programme are:

11.15 Youth
    12.00 Under 12
    13.00 Jun / Wom / Vet
    14.15 Sen

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

It was a bit muddy over there

40mpg

Yeah but they didnt go down the banks so no crashes 🙁

Taff
    Free Member

It's been horrible around here hasn't it. I'm planning on heading up to Swinley next Sunday and I'm hoping that's going to be a little better

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

40mpg – I took your time check so only got to see the last race 🙁 theydid seem a bit timid on the corners.

dobo
    Free Member

was good stuff, really wanted to be out there.
    the plain ignorane of a couple of dog walkers was amusing too, told a woman a race was on and not to walk down the path and was totaly blanked, she proceeded to walk down…not sure if the few race organisers words or the riders coming uphill changed her mind..

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Stanmer Park Brighton – total studge fest but come on lads, we all love the mud ! 😆

OldGitSurrey
    Free Member

Out yesterday near West Horsley – 99.9% mud. I've now splashed out on a pair of Swampthing 42a Super Tacky 2.35 in the hope that I can actually move forwards whilst my legs are spinning around!

Can't see the weeks of rain drying out for a while, TBH.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Anywhere in the South of England not soddon?’ is closed to new replies.