• This topic has 18 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Taff.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anywhere even vaguely dry in the South East?
  • catfood
    Free Member

I havent been able to ride since September as Ive had to have a couple of ops on my foot but my surgeon has now given me the go ahead.

I imagine everywhere is a bit of a mudbath at the moment. I usually kick around Swinley and the Surrey Hills, how are they doing and is anywhere within an hour or so of west London even faintly dry or should I just carry on staring out the window.

Jamie
    Free Member

Flood warnings for tomorrow so get yourself a nice seat by the window…or grow a pair and prepare for muddyness :mrgreen:

allthepies
    Free Member

Compared with tomorrow's forecast it's like the sahara out there now.

gee
    Free Member

No.

I've never known everywhere to be so muddy and hard work.

Buy a road bike.

GB

Karinofnine

No 🙁

souldrummer
    Free Member

Was out on the road bike this morning and what with the rain and the standing water I could barely see where I was going. Factor in crater size pot holes and idiot drivers it was not the most enjoyable two hours of my life. Still better than sitting on the sofa though. Looking at the forecast I might give tmorrow a miss!!!

timwillows
    Free Member

South Hampshire was a ploughing match today. Hindhead is usually better as the sand drains well

juan
    Free Member

It's pretty dry here right now… And I am as south east of the country as it gets…

😉

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

A ride I did today that I usually do in 1.5 hours took 2 hours today, headwinds, sidewinds … never seems to be behind me for somereason? … mud and sloshy soft ground, kept thinking I had flat tyres but nope, it's just the saturated ground, bit of a slog but glad I got out, Sunday's going to be worse isn't it!? 🙄

Go down the gym instead?

Napalm
    Free Member

Managed a 55 mile loop on the SDW from Peacehaven to Chanctonbury & back & it was the hardest ride of the Winter so far.
    The grass is sodden, the chalk is tacky and the trails have been mashed by bikes, horses, walkers and tractors.
    It's god training and good to be out and certainly better than being on a road bike – have you seen the state of the roads around here at the moment?

Taff
    Free Member

Heading to kingley vale / sdw tomorrow but last week was horrendous. Don't think it will be any better tomorrow mind. As said above hindhead may be a good shout. Did a fair few miles there the week and found a few spots that could almost be described as fast!!

br
    Free Member

Even Chicksands was wet…

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Did 30 miles on Leith, Holmbury & Pitch Hills today.

My god it was hard. Brilliant fun though. 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

I'm almost glad I'm too ill to ride at the moment, reading this thread.

Keva
    Free Member

10mins extra on my ride yesterday, bit of extra work now and again, bit windy, expected this time of year.

K

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

My local Hertfordshire loops are full of wet clay,or chewed up by horses.
    Roads are full of potholes.
    I`ve started running to keep my fitness levels up.Saving me loads of cleaning and fettling time,and much cheaper!

boxelder

Was gorgeous here yesterday – fresh snow on the hills and blue sky. Today dry but a bit overcast.

The Lakes isn't really the SE though is it?

Sorry – we're normally wetter than you!

Bregante

hehe. makes a change. only a little damp here in Manchester 🙂

Taff
    Free Member

Well if it was dry it certainly isn't this morning. Think the forecasters were right with the storms

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anywhere even vaguely dry in the South East?’ is closed to new replies.