Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anywhere but there
  • Pz_Steve

In the last year, our laid back / cowardly cat went from being the only mog in the hamlet to being bottom of the heap of the seven that now live here. Being the insecure sort, she reacted by going through a phase of “marking” her territory around the house. Not good, but we put a stop to it and the smell has finally gone.

Or so I thought.

Yesterday I was sorting out my bookcases having finally got some proper shelving up, and you know what – she’d only gone and sprayed on my bloody maps! As there haven’t been any “incidents” for a few months I can only assume they’ve been festering a while, but some of them still had a coating of concentrated nastiness all over them (cat-wee essential oil, I guess). Completely gross anywhere, but on my maps…!

I reckon she’s written off about a dozen Land Rangers as well as 6 Explorers. And yes, some of them were “Activity Maps” – you’d think they’d be cleanable but apparently not.

Seriously re-evaluating our house-sharing relationship with the feline map-murderer.

Sorry – needed to vent.

oldnpastit

Get a dog. One that eats cats.

jam-bo

Get a dog. One that eats cats.

My dog ate a map once.

martinhutch

At least you’ll know when urine the right location.

Pz_Steve

martinhutch – Member
    At least you’ll know when urine the right location.

Too soon for humour! (Although that did make me laugh).

On the bright side, I have an excuse to hit the OS website, and the cat-loving Mrs Pz feels she can’t really object. Might have to exaggerate the number of maps I need to replace…

martinhutch

I always teach my cats to aim off when using a map. 🙂

maccruiskeen

she reacted by going through a phase of “marking” her territory around the house.

Did the cat not read the bloody sign!

Pz_Steve

Much better mood today, after a happy hour browsing the Harveys website.

I’ve only used Harvey’s maps once (the 1:40,000 covering the Hadrian’s Wall path), and although I’ve been absorbing OS maps since birth, I have to say I really liked it. Anyone got views on their 1:25,000 mapping – and suitability of the 1:40,000 for bike navigation / planning?

scotroutes

I really like the Harveys maps. I’d use them all the time if they covered the whole country but I also like the familiarity of the OS (which could be crucial at the right/wrong moment).

I use 1:50k OS for bike navigation and planning so 1:40k would be fine. 1:25K OS does show more features but I think Harveys have these covered anyway.

jimbobo
    Free Member

I grew up in a cat house, constantly stinking of cat spray/ wee, covered in fluff, stepping on vomit etc. Moved to uni and vowed never to have cats again. 15 years later we have 3 cats, everything stinks, I spend a fortune on food/ vets and get nothing in return except A2M interactions at 4am.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anywhere but there’ is closed to new replies.