Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anyway to track a lost i phone?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

My son has lost his tonight.
    There isn’t a ‘find my phone app’ loaded, and we don’t have any Apple devices just my HTC and our PC.

The phone is on and ringing

scaredypants

there’s a thing called “plan b” by lookout for android – might do one for iphones ?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

So you haven’t got the find my phone app. Do you have the find friends app installed?

[edit]
    Do you need the find my phone app installed? or does that just allow you to find someone else’s phone?
    From memory i think you just need to have ticked the “find my phone” button in the icloud settings, have you done this? If not sure try logging onto his icloud account from your pc and clicking the ‘find my phone’ icon from there.

oldgit
    Free Member

I’ve no idea what that is?

stumpytrek
    Free Member

Muppetwrangler is right

Go to http://www.icloud.com
    There will be a “find my phone” option
    As long as the phone had that feature enabled the magic of GPS will show you where the phone is (as long as it is on!)

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

use a web browser. type icloud.com as the address.

You should get a login screen.

Use your sons login details for his apple account, same details he uses to buy apps, music etc.

Once logged in you should see a number of icons. If ‘find my phone’ has been authorised on the phone then you will see a icon called ‘find my phone’ If you don’t see that it’s not authorised on the phone and someone smarter than me will have to suggest something else.

iain1775
    Free Member

http://www.icloud.com
    Click find my phone
    Disable it remotely etc

oldgit
    Free Member

Cheers, trying now.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Any luck?

oldgit
    Free Member

No joy.
    He doesn’t have an i-tunes account.

The phone is still ringing.

Looks like he’ll have to do it the old way. He had it at college, went to training, then went training with his second club, then walked home.
    He was up at first light.
    Feel annoyed and sorry for him at the same time.

stumpytrek
    Free Member

Really hope he finds it. Good luck.

wrightyson
    Free Member

He doesn’t need an “iTunes” account, just an apple id. You set this up when you first switch the phone on. It’s usually just your email address.

oldgit
    Free Member

Big thanks.
    Found in the grass in the grass in the park with the apple app.
    Cheers

wwaswas

relief all round I expect!

scaredypants

Looks like he’ll have to do it the old way. He had it at college, went to training, then went training with his second club, then walked home.

WHere does the “grass in the park” come in ? – naughty young git ! 😉

sharkbait
    Free Member

Found in the grass in the grass in the park with the apple app.

That’s brilliant news. Say what you like about Apple but they are clever b*****s at times.

nealglover
    Free Member

Say what you like about Apple but they are clever b*****s at times.

It’s a brilliant bit of technology isn’t it.

A mate lost his iPhone and found it again the same way.

The annoying bit was that he was then in Bristol, and the phone was in a Chalet in Meribel under a bed 😀

He got it back in the end though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

That’s brilliant news. Say what you like about Apple but they are clever b*****s at times.

You can also push apps to android from your account to add a find me app if you forgot one too. All quite clever really.

CountZero

The joy of geolocation! 😀

GrahamS

Nice work – now remember how to do that and you’ll be able to track him to find out where he is really going when he “Goes round to a mate’s to study” 😀

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Anyway to track a lost i phone?’ is closed to new replies.