Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anything I can do to make this rear shock fit?
  • spicer
    Free Member

Short of machining a new suspension rocker or filing out some material, does anyone have any ideas here?

It’s a Cane creek double barrel air CS, on a 2014 Trek Remedy 9. Got the shock used and thought I would give it a go, but no luck.

The canister is so wide that it hits the seattube, preventing both eyelets lining up with their respective bolts. When upside down, the air can hits the edges of the suspension rocker before, not allowing the lower eyelet to line up with its bolt.

Have tried the minnow link in slack and steep positions- slackening it helps a little but not quite enough. The image shows how far out I am.

Any ideas before I sell it on? (using 2x offset bushings and obviously the correct mounting hardware for it to fit)

Cheers! 😀

spicer
    Free Member

And yes, it’s been cleaned since! 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

New frame or new shock I reckon.

legend
    Free Member

Ball hammer to seat tube, win.

porter_jamie

Custom top rocker.
    How much room behind the shock? Could you space the lower mount back a bit somehow?
    Weld up the lower mount and re drill the hole?

porter_jamie

Hammer might work!

PJM1974
    Free Member

That lower mount drops away under suspension compression doesn’t it? Looks like it’ll never fit, sadly.

brant
    Free Member

Ball hammer to seat tube, win.

Local ovalisation, as Dave Yates would call it 😉

legend
    Free Member

Worked well on many an Intense M1 🙂

scruff9252

angle grinder to the seat tube?

keefmac

edit: nope, doesnt matter 🙂

spicer
    Free Member

Lots of suggestions that would definitely invalidate the warranty of my fairly new frame! 😆

That lower mount drops away under suspension compression doesn’t it? Looks like it’ll never fit, sadly.

This one is interesting. Because as the lower mount drops, it pivots further away from the seat tube, and increases the clearance. It seems that under sag, the shock actually fits. But as you unsag/fully extend the shock, the rocker and lower mount move a little closer to the sear tube, creating the problem.

Looks like I’ll be keeping the monarch on it for now then. Shame!

spicer
    Free Member

Got a Cane creek inline. It fits… Just! … Upside down…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anything I can do to make this rear shock fit?’ is closed to new replies.