Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anything better than osram night breaker unlimited?
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

I was driving the other car last night which has osram night breaker unlimited low beam bulbs fitted. My word what a difference in lighting to the bog standard candles fitted to my honda accord. On unlit country roads there was no need for full beam at all.

So I’m going to but a set for the honda, before I do has anyone used them then tried something else that’s better? They really are astonishingly good though.

cultsdave
    Free Member

I only use the Osram Night breakers and agree they make a huge difference over standard bulbs. Not sure if there is anything better but I struggle to imagine that there could be. The only negative is that they don’t last as long as standard bulbs I find they blow and need replaced after about a year.
    Worth it though.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Philips extreme?

mrjmt
    Free Member

If its an old car (pre canbus) you could also fit upgraded wiring to feed the bulbs over a relay direct from the battery as well as upgrading the bulbs.

popstar
    Free Member

Osram NB last on average 300 hours then fail.

Philips Extreme Vision last longer than that but cost more.

Light spread of Philips Extreme Vision is more intense but light colour isnt as white (3500k vs 3800k). You will see better with Philips xv during adverse weather, but osram nv feels better in clear night conditions due to cooler temperature color.

I drive for living and osram nb lasts 6-8 weeks max, Philips xv set lasted 11weeks.

Those upgraded aftermarket sets are whiter than oem bulbs but it depends on you if you want to pay for 10%-20% increase of light performance at the expense of longevity.

My private car has got bi-xenon lights which run with standard Philips bulbs and those are damn impressive and to this day still go strong for 2 years.

I have learnt with Osram NB how to change bulbs in no time. F1 style.

kiwijohn

+1 for Philips Extreme.

jeffl

What version accord. I had a previous generation (06 plate) and tried the osram’s thought they were rubbish. Went for some eBay HIDs instead for about 30 quid. I know there are various legalities and differences of opinions on this but the accord passed several MOT’s after and I never got flashed. They were a huge improvement over the bulbs.

Gary_M
    Free Member

55 plate

mrjmt
    Free Member

What version accord. I had a previous generation (06 plate) and tried the osram’s thought they were rubbish. Went for some eBay HIDs instead for about 30 quid. I know there are various legalities and differences of opinions on this but the accord passed several MOT’s after and I never got flashed. They were a huge improvement over the bulbs.

POSTED 10 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

STW is slack today, must be black friday. 10 mins and no haterz.

jeffl

I’d suggest some HID’s. I managed to get some slim fitting ones into the lens housing completely. Couple of grazed knuckles but well worth it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anything better than osram night breaker unlimited?’ is closed to new replies.