Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anything better than my normal optician?
  • tails
    Free Member

I’m looking to get a more thorough eye exam than my normal optician offers. Do I see an optometrist or go to my GP for a referral? Cheers

midlifecrashes

Why do you think you need one?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I was really impressed by the assessment that Specsavers did on me recently.

slowoldman

Maybe a better optician. My examinations are very thorough. What are you after?

tails
    Free Member

Just my lenses often fall out, which has been resolved more by me buying a larger diameter than them selling me a more expensive lense. Plus I’d just like a more thorough exam as my father had lots of problems.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I had my first ever adult eye test at Boots last Saturday, I was honestly so impressed by the level of detail compared to just reading off a chart that I did as a kid, several detailed tests & only £10 for a professional to spend half an hour of their time with me, it was easy to walk away from the “sell” at the end too.

slowoldman

If you are concerned about your father’s past issues mention it to your optician. If there is a history of glaucoma you will get very thorough examinations and you are eligible for free tests.

globalti
    Free Member

Any decent optician will carry out tests that will spot a problem.

If you’re lucky enough to be near Blackburn, Junaid at Ideal Eye Care is an absolute star.

BillMC

I spent £50 on a full monty test, it took about an hour and it was carried out by a local independent.Took the results to Specsavers.

theotherjonv

I can recommend Leighton’s if you are in the south. Have looked after my cl needs for close on 35 years now.

T666DOM

Go to an idependent optometrist, you want one that will concentrate on your eye health rather than a retail outlet such as specsavers or boots & the like.

trail_rat
    Free Member

since i moved to the city , ive been through the chains – specsavers and vision express

in all honesty they have been terrible and seem rushed and uncaring comapred to the service i got from whitakers in arbroath when i grew up ,they just seemed to give a shit.

The quality of the lenses from both specsavers and vision express have been terrible as well , even their good ones – ive never scratched a pair of reading glasses in my life (worn specs since i was 5) and yet both the specsavers and vision express lenses last no time.

thankfully work insisted i use their prefered optician this time which are duncan and todd and they seem more like whitakers and also noted that i had the wrong prescription – and put me back on the prescription i had previous to going to specsavers – which immediately stopped the sore head i got when driving at night.

coupled with the shocking service i got from vision express when my 2 week old oakleys litterally fell apart in my hands – and the woman then forced the wrong screw into the hole and sheared it off – then handed them back as if they were fixed – when looked at the repair it was clear she had **** them.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anything better than my normal optician?’ is closed to new replies.