Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anything better than a Kinesis Maxlight xc120 for the price?
  • timothius
    Free Member

Hi All,

I'm thinking of building up a bike based around a Kinesis Maxlight xc120 frame. They are currently around £295 on CRC.

Before I splash out (I only really have an overall bike budget of just over a grand), does anyone know of any frames which I should consider for the price?

Thanks,

Timothy

maxray
    Free Member

I can recommend it as I have one myself. Owned an one one and 2 specialized previously. Built it up with lx all round so somewhere round your budget.

timothius
    Free Member

Very nice bike! I've been wanting a Kinesis for years. Not quite sure why, but something appeals to me about them.

I was going to get a Boardman Pro, but then I decided I would prefer to build as much of it myself and do it right.

Did you have to get the frame reamed and faced when the BB and headset were installed? (I'm probably going to get the LBS (cycleworks) to do the installation of the headset and or BB as I don't have the tools).

foxyrider
    Free Member

I got an XC2 – 2 years and great bike – getting and XCPro3 next week – can't wait !!!

timothius
    Free Member

Any headset recommendations? I've been looking at zero stack headsets, but there are so many options!

Love the carbon on the XCPros…

njee20
    Free Member

Pedal Force Carbon off eBay

foxyrider
    Free Member

I'm getting a hope semi-integrated timo 🙂

numbnuts
    Free Member

I have a kinesis max lite and a race lite and think they are both brilliant did the dyfi at the weekend on the max lite withe no problems at all

vdubber67
    Free Member

Got an XC Pro 2. Superb bike. Hope do a semi integrated headset if that's what you're after….

Taff
    Free Member

Got an xc120 and I love it. Properly throwable and fun

timothius
    Free Member

Brilliant, thanks for the info on the semi-integrated headsets.

Is this the one? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=18084

foxyrider
    Free Member

timo – yes thats the one 🙂 I was assured by Dom @ Upgrade bikes it would fit my XCPro3 so it should be fine on an XC120 as that uses a zero-stak/semi-integrated system 🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

On-One Scandal.

emac65
    Free Member

Shush now,stop telling everyone how good Maxlights are or they'll all get one….
    Maxlight Pro here,done a few Dyfi's & a couple of Mayhems on it.It's the only bike I'd never sell too….

Smuzzy
    Free Member

+1 Scandal

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anything better than a Kinesis Maxlight xc120 for the price?’ is closed to new replies.