Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anything better than a cannondale synapse ultegra disc
  • bigsurfer
    Free Member

I have never had a new bike always built up stuff from second hand parts.

I want a road bike with disc brakes and low gears. I have a 15 mile commute to work which is very very hilly (550m of climbing each way and some very steep ups as well as downs. The lanes are narrow so speed must be controlled. I have come across the cannondale synapse ultegra disc which comes in around £1150 in a 61cm size. The cross bikes seem to have a poor level of component spec around the grand mark and very little on the second hand market.

Any other suggestions.

wilburt
    Free Member

Does it take mudguards and a rack?

thepurist

Whyte suffolk? Similar price, 105 11speed,34/32 bottom gear, trp hy/rd brakes. And it takes guards and a rack.

mulacs

Standard reply is usually Genesis Croix de Fer – the new/2015 range is looking pretty good, and the 2015 Equilibrium Disc is going to be very appealing. Spec has also got a new ‘gravel’ bike coming out shortly as well which might fit the bill…

didgerman
    Free Member

One of Whyte’s ‘all terrain’ hybrids? Mine’s not as fast as a road bike, or even lighter hybrid, but I can watch for traffic and not worry too much about potholes, the end result being same journey time, fewer risks. With 28mm marathon plus tyres it makes a hefty lump for training…

crapknees
    Free Member

Great bike. Crap wheels.

Ive had four spokes break, and the rear wheel is currently with CSG because the hub doesn’t like turning circles.

I weigh 70kg, so its not as if lm stressing the bloody thing…. 👿

midlifecrisis
    Free Member

I like mine. The disks take a while to bed in but they work really well now. The Ultegra performs flawlessly.

It can take guards. You probably could fit a rack but it would only be a three point mounting as there are no bosses on the seat stays.

bigsurfer
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice, I do need it to take mud guards but don’t really need panniers as I only commute 2/3 times per week max so can take clothes and food to work etc.
    I do want a road bike not a hybrid. Commute is very rural much more likely to meet wildlife in the road rather than a car, plus it will be my only road bike so needs to be quick enough to keep up with mates on road bikes.

damascus
    Free Member

Can you add a seat post clamp with adaptor to fit a rack?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anything better than a cannondale synapse ultegra disc’ is closed to new replies.