Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyroad, anyone?
  • Xylene
    Free Member

Anyone riding a Giant Anyroad?

I fancied one a couple of years back, but bought a CX bike that doesn’t fit me properly.

Just had a go on an anyroad, and it felt perfect.

Is there a big difference between the Anyroad or the Revolt?

Any other bikes of similar high front end that I should look at. If they can be bought as frame only that would be even better.

RustySpanner

The Revolt is a bit lower and longer.
    Still very comfy.
    Very impressed on a recent test ride, didn’t try the Anyroad.

Bit more info about the differences here.

13thfloormonk

Interesting link that, the concept of ‘back angle’ is a new one although could be interesting if measure consistently enough. That’s the exact reason I was looking at an Anyroad, I wanted something as close to a road bike as possible but with the least bend at the waist (back issues…).

The Anyroad appears to be one of the highest and shortest gravel/enduroad/whatever bikes you can buy.

Xylene
    Free Member

The one I rode today felt very natural, and I didn’t feel as if I was too stretched out, bent over or uncomfortable. A big difference to my current CX bike which is all of that.

The carbon fiber one seems a good deal as well.

Xylene
    Free Member

Giant Defy’s are now around at 20% off, which makes them very tempting and half the price of the CoMax Anyroad.

I know they are a different style of bike, how will they compare in comfort to an anyroad/revolt?

13thfloormonk

Longer and lower than an Anyroad, although that is not to say they’re uncomfortable, just less upright.

Defy/Synapse/Roubaix all seem to share similar geometry (or at least the same reach and stack) which is also similar to most gravel bikes. The Anyroad is one of the few which is higher/shorter again. Don’t know how that compares to your CX bike though

Xylene
    Free Member

CX bike is a garden gate http://www.wiggle.co.uk/eastway-cx20-105-2015/

Currently has a 90mm stem, cowbells fitted to it – maybe I could put the 110mm back on.

Ioneonic

Cannot see the stack and reach figures anywhere, but when I was looking the Salsa Fargo, Bombtrack Beyond and Light Blue Darwin had the highest stack/lowest reach figures (IIRC)

allan23
    Free Member

Tried the TCX, Revolt and Anyroad for comfort in my LBS. Bought the Revolt and it’s pretty damn good.

It’s been my preferred bike for the past year or so, probably going to flog the Full Sus bike as it’s hardly used now.

Xylene
    Free Member

Why the revolt an not he anyroad

allan23
    Free Member

All three felt OK and there wasn’t much in it, the TCX was a bit too race orientated, the Anyroad seemed more like a 29″ mountain bike with skinny tyres.

Revolt was the one that just felt more what I was after.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyroad, anyone?’ is closed to new replies.