Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone's kid used the Lapierre mini Froggy 24?
  • ade9933
    Free Member

Can they pedal them uphill?

How did they ride?

What age did they last till?

…any other thoughts?

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

that standover is huge

ade9933
    Free Member

Yeah I remember seeing that compared to the Commencal Supreme last summer. I think that’s why we didn’t get to ride one.

Thanks.

br
    Free Member

No, but my son had a Norco B-Line 24″ FS when younger.

All I’d say is that it needed lightening, a lot of lightening…

ade9933
    Free Member

🙂 thanks. the Transition ripcord seems a bit more do-it-all. Had a chance of a good deal on the Froggy but don’t really want to splash for just a DH bike.

carlphillips
    Free Member

my youngest rides a kona stinky 24, rides it everywhere even though its not the lightest it doesnt seem to matter to him as he enjoys it..
    I did swap out the coil for an air shock though as it would hardly move even with me sat on it..actually works now its an air can…

poah
    Free Member

you can get the ripcord frame for about £800 and build one up to what ever spec you want. the issue with these kids bikes is the shock/forks aren’t tunned for kids.

if you want a 140mm travel kids bike I’d probably go for the commencal version but its way too much bike for Lewis’s current skill level.

ade9933
    Free Member

Thanks guys – we tried the commencal in France last year and it was perfect for Alpine uplift days in full armour etc, the boys certainly felt the difference on any incline though.

Any tips on build kit for the transition?

Also – what age do you think it will last till. My 2 have been on 24″ HTs since 8 and they are nearly 10. 1 is 148cm tall and t’other is 140 so I’m wondering whether to hang on for a small 26 frame to go with my shed full of kit.

poah
    Free Member

lewis is 140cm (11 years) and has a 100mm dropper with about 20mm of shaft showing below the max insert. recon he will last another year on it maybe more.

lewis’s spec is

ripcord frame + J-tech tuned monarch R
    J-tech tuned SID RCT3 120mm
    Haven Stem (55mm)
    Haven bar 711 (carbon
    Ergon GE1 slim grips
    SLX brakes (203f 180r icetech)
    1×11 XT 11-42
    Thorn 150mm crank 30t N/W Saint pedals
    KS lev DX 100mm with southpaw
    novatec 771/772 laced to crest rims with DB spokes and brass nips
    kenda kinetic F hutchinson toro rear (tubeless)

BearBack
    Free Member

Wouldn’t be a good kids bike thread if I didn’t post this.
    Spawn Rokkusuta

ade9933
    Free Member

Thanks Poah – age / size sounds about right, hence my doubt of buying a 24″ with 1 year left for 1 of the guys and less for the other.

Any ideas what you are thinking of next for when Lewis is too big for this one?

Spawn looks good too! Thanks BearBack.

Ade

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone's kid used the Lapierre mini Froggy 24?’ is closed to new replies.