• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Anyone work in the hotel trade – what discount for group bookings?
  • robdixon
    Free Member

Trying to sort out a wedding venue and looking for a bit of advice on how to negotiate a reasonable / fair group rate on the hotel rooms.

The wedding venue / costs is sorted and should triple the venue’s booze / food takings for the day – they still get to do lunch and evening service in their restaurant so aren’t losing out on that front – but as part of the deal the venue has asked us to take around 30 of their 38 available rooms.

Mucking round on Trivago / Kayak I’ve found that they routinely discount their rooms from a crazy list price of £275 a night down to £165 and throw in chocolates, champagne and that sort of thing as part of the weekend rate – they are offering this on the weekends either side of the big day. They also do a different offer of £225 for the room with bottle of champagne, 3 course meal for 2 (so around £70 in their excellent restaurant) and breakfast.

As I think they will negotiate in order to get the whole thing booked and guarantee themselves a lot of extra trade on an otherwise quiet weekend, what sort of group discount on rooms is reasonable / should I aim for? The “normal” price with champagne and chocolates must be less that £165 what should I be aiming for on 30 rooms given they will rarely get 100% occupancy at weekends…

Is there anyone in the trade who can suggest the sort of discount which would be realistic?

Any advice much appreciated!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Anyone work in the hotel trade – what discount for group bookings?’ is closed to new replies.