Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone work for Ikea
  • Anyone work for Ikea ! ( on here )
    Trying to buy a item but it’s order in store . It’s £130 and then they want £30 to deliver it to you But I don’t want it delivered to me as i work near to them ( Nottingham branch)
    Surly it can be put on one of there Lorrys that take there products to that store ?

It’s stupid that staff say you have to pay the fee !!!

Only one got any real answers to this ?

wwaswas

Are they set up for click and collect type ordering?

I’ve not used their ordering service but it doesn’t strike me as how they usually try and work – it’s too labour intensive.

ebygomm
    Free Member

We encountered this issue when trying to buy a mattress. Order in store for home delivery only, which a) costs money and b) requires someone to be home to take delivery. (Even more annoying as we have an Ikea bed and they keep the UK sized mattresses in store but the Ikea sized ones have to be ordered in)

No way round it afaik, we ended up buying a different mattress that was stocked in store.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I live in Sweden if you want me to post some dogshit or anything, just say the word

How’syourdad .
    Thanks for kind offer and will you pay for postage as if so perhaps i might declare it as
    1 . We have a dog = own dogshit
    2. I have a very good friend in Sweden already ( but alas has no dog )
    3. After all of above am still no wiser to what the dodshit reference means

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Through their head office letterbox!

Thanks for the more helpful comments ( I’am no better of it seems)

willard

Can you not declare your home address as their depot and then argue that there does not need to be a delivery charge?

wwaswas

Not sure if this helps. The ad contains a pregnancy test kit that gives you a voucher for a positive result…

ThePinkster

We had a similar problem with kitchen work surfaces.

Couldn’t believe how expensive Ikea’s delivery charges are when it’s the only way you can purchase some of their products, but there doesn’t appear to be any way around it.

We were able to purchase the rest of the kitchen in store & take home with us, but not the work surfaces, which seems a tad daft to me.

funkmasterp

Their ordering system from the website does seem a bit mental when compared to other furniture companies. I think we should all protest by staying overnight in one of their store. They absolutely love it when people do that.

DezB
    Free Member

I think we should all protest by staying overnight in one of their store.

All in the same one, or just our local store?

zilog6128

Couldn’t believe how expensive Ikea’s delivery charges are when it’s the only way you can purchase some of their products, but there doesn’t appear to be any way around it.

Probably because you are paying the actual cost of the delivery, rather than have all other prices increased to subsidise it. Which is a better system. For me. 🙂

wwaswas

I saw this yesterday on twitter;

Only a FOOL would buy IKEA furniture. Instead I just download the instructions and keep emailing their service dept to say that I am missing a piece, until they ship me all the pieces over a six month period

Wwaswas I like that idea but it would take some time .

CountZero

Only a FOOL would buy IKEA furniture. Instead I just download the instructions and keep emailing their service dept to say that I am missing a piece, until they ship me all the pieces over a six month period

Which is possibly how long some people take to assemble an Ikea product…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone work for Ikea’ is closed to new replies.