Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone with first:utility for gas and electricity??
  • DrP

Seem to be the cheapest for me, via the switching websites.
    But… on-line reviews seem appalling.

Does anyone here have first hand experience of them (I’m wary that, essentially, on-line reviews will mostly be the bad ones!)??

Ta

DrP

mefty
    Free Member

I have used them for a few years – pretty good – nice clutter free website, just send bill emails and a few others but don’t bombard you. I like them.

lodious
    Free Member

I was with them….the worst company I ever delt with. 18months to get a smart meter fitted, then still no accurate billing for nearly a year after that….dispite them being able to see my usage online 🙁 They sent maybe 30 bills during the period, one week i’d owe them £500, then they’d owe me £700, then I’d get 5 bills for £30… then another for £800.

A total nighmare.

I left, as it was the only way to get them sort out a bill. The meter they fitted wont work with any other provider. I’d avoid like the plague.

DrP

There does seem issues with the smart meters – but it’s not a tariff I’m going to go down anyway.
    (of note – ALL companies will have to offer smart metering by 2015, hence the issues some have as they will ALL need to be compatible)

Hmmm

DrP

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

We’ve just joined up with them – had the first bill through today.

As you say, cheapest by a good chunk. And our prices are fixed until March next year.

Setup etc was very easy – no smart meter etc which sounds like it might have made our lives easier. I’m hoping its as simple as it was with British Gas (ie, I can turn the central heating or lights on and it works and I never have to deal with some eejit in a call centre) but cheaper.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone with first:utility for gas and electricity??’ is closed to new replies.