• This topic has 76 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • anyone with bluetooth speaker on handle bars?
  • jacob46
    Free Member

Got a few Bluetooth speakers at home. Would love to mount one on bars for commute to work. Been looking for way of mounting it to bike or bars.

Anyone done this before?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Very chavvy

gwaelod
    Free Member

Put a sub on the rear rack too.

Bregante

This bloke

wordnumb
    Free Member

In the olden days we had to tie bells to lepers alerting people to stay away from the unclean. Now they supply the warning themselves.

Nobody else wants to listen to your music, and I say this as someone with better taste in music than anybody on the internets.

hora
    Free Member

OP I could make up a frame sticker for you too:

Name Team racing. Ok?

Btw what tunes are you bangin?

Enya
    Starsailor

shermer75
    Free Member

All About Eve
    ‘Steel Magnolias’ soundtrack

avdave2

Can any one recommend me a good strong frame fit pump suitable for shoving in the front wheel of any commuter with speakers on their bars? 🙂

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

My brother in law just sent us one of these:

Next time I do Spooky Woods I’m gonna stick that in my back pocket and bust out some SKULLFIST!!!!!!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfn61CtAanc[/video]

**** all y’all

matt_outandabout

Jacob, nobody else wants to hear your music. Unplug for the commute. It is just noise pollution and nuisance.

gwaelod
    Free Member

thered

Bar mounted speakers!!! Want want want

djglover
    Free Member

Just get one of these bad boys

drlex
    Free Member

Btw what tunes are you bangin?

Enya
    Starsailor

Shirley BMX Bandits & Genesis?

OP- bodge method is Smart bracket, with clip from light glued to speaker. They hear you rolling’…

jacob46
    Free Member

There’s some pricks on here.

Can be a bit quiet at 5 am in the morning so I would like to listen to the radio or some music.

Take it some on here dont commute. Seen an old guy who passed me the other day with a radio playing which gave me the idea. So less of negative comments and I ain’t a chav.

dvatcmark
    Free Member

I know where your coming from I use headphones for my commute but would like to be able to hear what’s going on around me to.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Take it some on here dont commute. Seen an old guy who passed me the other day with a radio playing which gave me the idea. So less of negative comments and I ain’t a chav.

I commute on the bike and listen to music, on the traffic free bits anyway. I use earphones, they’re pretty good as they let you listen to your music whilst not bothering others with it.

Also with the volume low there’s no reason not to hear traffic.

matt_bl
    Free Member

If you’re really keen to hear surrounding noise, try some Aftershokz headphones.

They are bone conducting and leave the ear completely open. I tried some at the Bike and Tri show and was impressed by how good they sound and how you can ‘flick’ between the two sound sources.

Matt

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Jacob – the pricks comment – don’t put yourself down so much, misguided and chavvy yes, prick, no.

richmars

Can be a bit quiet at 5 am in the morning

Maybe some people like that.

jacob46
    Free Member

Can you tell avdave2 what it’s like to commute!

jacob46
    Free Member

Rob Jackson enjoy life instead of telling people how not too.

jacob46
    Free Member

Cheers Matt_bl

drlex
    Free Member

Couldn’t get on with headphones, so prefer a speaker. Nice to pootle home listening to TMS.

franksinatra

Can be a bit quiet at 5 am in the morning so I would like to listen to the radio or some music and share it with everybody ‘cos I won’t use headphones

do you see the irony of this?

Rorschach
    Free Member

anyone with bluetooth speaker on handle bars?

franksinatra

the only possible problem I can see with this is that it doesn’t tick the bluetooth box, but I’m sure you could see past this because it is so street.

honourablegeorge

I thought that Raleigh Vektar was the coolest thing in the world EVER when it came out. It was pretty much KITT in bike form.

What did it actually have? It was just a radio and very little else, wasn’t it?

Jamie
    Free Member

Just pop one headphone into your left ear. You get to hear radio etc, but can still listen out for road noise with the right.

franksinatra

What did it actually have?

It had the ability to make you feel like this

thought that Raleigh Vektar was the coolest thing in the world EVER when it came out. It was pretty much KITT in bike form.

and that is enough.

Perhaps that is what Jacob is really looking for?

iolo
    Free Member

OP,
    Maybe you could go to Operah classes. Learn a few songs – I believe Nessun Dorma is quite good. You could possibly learn a few Dick Van Dyke Mary Poppins numbers too.
    You can then greet the morning chorus with your dulcid tones singing merrily as you go.
    This will save you a fortune in speaker costs.
    No need to thank me.
    Edit: maybe you’ll get other commuters joining in in a Flashmob style. By the time you reach work you might have a couple of hundred riders singing Chim Chimeney.

shermer75
    Free Member

Skullfist are my new favourite band

franksinatra

Skullfist are my new favourite band

Do you think they will bring the trails alive if you blast them out via speakers?

shermer75
    Free Member

‘The trails are alive with the sound of music’? I think for that you would need an alternating quantity of Dio and Twisted Sister

shermer75
    Free Member

Here’s a video of the Vektar in action:

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eBuDw0oTOIU[/video]

bearnecessities

Edit: maybe you’ll get other commuters joining in in a Flashmob style.

That made me chuckle.

Take no notice of the usual guff; think Jamie nails solution though. Not sure that a speaker/radio mounted on your bars would actually sound terribly good anyhow?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Once did a cx race where a guy had music playing out of his phone, he was one of the front runners so no one said anything.

To the OP, there may be a reason you haven’t seen this despite the abundant availability of Bluetooth speakers… think about. And perhaps get a sense of humour, the sun is shining at last! There are very few pricks on here but plenty of pisstakers.

TooTall
    Free Member

There’s some pricks on here.

Some of them start threads about putting speakers on their bikes and get huffy about it when people point out how daft it is.

If you are 5 or 65, you might get away with it. In between those numbers? Go and have a strong word with yourself.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘anyone with bluetooth speaker on handle bars?’ is closed to new replies.