Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone with a 26" Soul? – need to know length of gear cable outer at rear mech.
  • jekkyl

As per title, I have recently obtained a 2nd hand soul frame which I intend to build up this weekend. How long should the outer be which stretches from the back of the top tube to the mech? With my current HT that section is split into two with another stay near the mech so I’ve no idea how long this should be.
    many thanks.

soobalias
    Free Member

that would be mech specific.
    probably frame size specific also to some extent.

jekkyl

Woops yes of course.
    Xt mech and large frame :o)

br
    Free Member

Buy 3m and you’ll be fine

jekkyl

I don’t have the cutters so would be asking the shop to do it. Every time I’ve tried cutting outer with standard tools it goes all splayed and rubbish.

amedias
    Free Member

buy some cutters or do it carefully with a hacksaw otherwise you’re bound to end up with them cutting it slightly too long or too short due to variations on frames, mechs, b-tension etc.

*make sure you file the ends flat and then open the inner core up with a small pointy thing before fitting the end cap regardless of method.

scandal42
    Free Member

Wilkos, Sheet metal cutters £3.49 and worked an absolute treat for me at the weekend.

jekkyl

3.49 beats shimano ones at 20 odd quid. Thanks Scandal and amedias.

martinhutch

Well mine is a small and is less than 60cm from back of top tube to xt mech, so you should be fine with not too much more than that.

http://www.cotic.co.uk/product/soul26#sizing

Chainstay lengths are the same, seat tube differences are on here.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone with a 26" Soul? – need to know length of gear cable outer at rear mech.’ is closed to new replies.