Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Anyone willing to show us round the best bits of the Quantocks? 10th/11th Nov
  • sharki
    Free Member

Cheez0 I’d look good dead, so you may as well come along a enjoy it.;-)

woodsman
    Free Member

Fantastic – looking forward to meeting you all again – Sharki (Robert Carlyle look-a-like) and Mr Lightyear (sensible head amongst us)! 😉

I’ve no idea where my fitness is right now either, but not to worry we’ll have a grand time at the varying pace of the group.

No-one’s mentioned the ‘Chimney’ yet………?

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Sharki – I’ll give you a text/ring to do some of that planning stuff.

Looking forwward to it!

TM

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

What 29er have you got then?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Ok. So I will be at Dead Woman’s Ditch at 10:30. We’ll hook up there as you pass. See ya!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Good to see you enjoying cycling again Sharki. Shame about the cranks. 🙁 Nice to see you again Woodsman and to meet the rest of you. See you again.

muddy@rseguy

Many thanks to Sharki, Buzz Lightyear and Eliptic( did I get that right?) for the excellent guiding yesterday. For those of us who had never ridden on the Quantocks before we all agreed that it was so good we will be back for more.

We apparently managed to break Sharki yesterday ( his crank did fall off again on his journey home from the pub, and after I had shown him the correct shimano preload tool and he said, “no need, it’s all fixed now”… 🙂 ) I guess he was as knackered as te rest of us as he decided not to ride today.

We did find “The Chimney” today…that was fun, if a bit hairy in places 🙂

Thanks guys.

sharki
    Free Member

It was a pleasure, even if my sit bones disagree. The legs however are fine, but i’ve been yawning all day and that was after a good sleep and lazy morning. Really annoyed with myself for not setting the alarm so i could play again, but i’m convincing myself it was for the best.

The crank arm got the 5 white knuckle treatment when i got in last night, but i sense an underlying issue, hence me not wanting your preload tool. I will give it a full look at when i do the BB this week. Also the forks need servicing..

Well after all that, i better go ride the thing more so next time you come i’ll not be walking/wheezing up the hills so much.

I’m going to write up a full synopsis here later on my experience of riding after 12 months off.

Glad you found the Chimney and ticked that one off.

Now just the other 50 or so trails to do…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’m still giggling about that comedy descent through the steep forest down to Gully of Doubt. Quantock Freeride 😆

sharki
    Free Member

Excellent off piste mayhem to had. 🙂

muddy@rseguy

Ah yes…”make yer own trail…” 8)

Not to mention the alfresco multi tool choice of a rotten log and stone, giving a trailside repair that lasted almost 3/4 of a mile and one pub stop 😉

muddy@rseguy

Sharki (pedals still attached…for now)

🙂

Big thanks from the whole Muddy@rse group for a great day out!

woodsman
    Free Member

Cheers everyone, and it was great to meet locals Buzz and Sharki again for some top riding on the Q’s. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

elliptic
    Free Member

Crank re-installation using the traditional rock + stick method:-

Good to meet you guys too, glad you had another good ride yesterday by the sound of it. You were pretty lucky actually, the weather over here’s turned thoroughly miserable today…knew it was too good to last!

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

To add my thanks to Sharki McCrankfalloff, Buzz WiggoBurns and Ellichrisptic.

fab day on the bikes – very much appreciated the guiding and your company. Crazy jazz biking down to the stream definitely a highlight, as well the complete joy of Bincombe.

In an odd way really enjoyed the climbs too e.g. Lady’s (boy) combe. lack of ladyboys a disappointment though.

TM

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Ooh didn’t someone take a photo of me popping down the little slab in Holford green Car Park? Wouldn’t mind seeing that even if it’s a bit fuzzy.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Buzz

that’ll be me !

076 by Rich_F_, on Flickr

077 by Rich_F_, on Flickr

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Ta. Blimey it looks almost flat. What was I fretting about?! Terrible technique mind. See how my back foot drop when I’m scared? 🙄

DezB
    Free Member

Nice jersey Sharki 🙂

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Buzz

at least you rode it rather than the rest of us who watched and took photos!

(and in my defence I did have the world’s worst back brake – draggy and about as much feel as a piece of 4 by 2…)

Oh and PLEASE get in touch if you’d like a trip to ride the South Downs with Sussex Muddy@rse. Rides are the the last Sunday of the month, but we can do something specially special too.

TM

chadders1986
    Free Member

Thanks for providing the local knowledge Sharki, Buzz and Elliptic. I for one had a fantastic weekend. Despite the tumble. Hope it won;t be my only trip to the Quantocks.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Anyone willing to show us round the best bits of the Quantocks? 10th/11th Nov’ is closed to new replies.