Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone watching the Downhill World Cup?
  • andykirk
    Free Member

Have watched all DH races so far this season, last one is this weekend, check it out on the Red Bull website if you haven’t already. Much more entertaining than watching road racing (to me), can’t believe it isn’t on the proper telly.

Always like watching Danny Hart and Josh Bryceland… super rad as they say.

In my next life I will take part in this.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

bit of a strange post, theres usually a thread for every race.

ive seen most rounds this season i think, dont miss it if i can help it (or wyn tv’s pit chats afterwards!)

Rob Warner’s commentary has been sanitised a bit this year for some reason tho, seems to be keeping his emotions in check more these days…

always route for any of the syndicate boys myself, or for anyone to beatspecialized or the Athertons!

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Much more entertaining than watching road racing

Isn’t everything, I’d rather sit and watch the British bake off than a road race 😆

soobalias
    Free Member

redbull.tv via chromecast.
    better than telly? or it is telly!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s telly.

woodster

Rob Warner’s commentary has been sanitised a bit this year for some reason tho, seems to be keeping his emotions in check more these days…

He’s been looking a lot tidier too and chatting about how clipless pedals are like ski-bindings.

Guess someone up top is trying to broaden the appeal, but it’s just made the commentary a bit crap.

Racing has been superb though (when the stream is working)

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

yeah he did a feature at the first race where he asked claudio to explain the difference between a DH bike and a regular bike…?

sweaman2
    Free Member

Guess someone up top is trying to broaden the appeal

This. There is an interview somewhere stating as much (probably on Pinkbike). He’s had coaching on commentary from someone to widen the appeal. In Canada you can watch the whole race on Sports TV and it’s only delayed by a couple of hours so they are hoping to catch a wider audience.

woodster

And yet the one downhill video that every non-MTBer seems to love is the Danny Hart world champs vid and it’s because of the commentary. They don’t care about the facts and figures and neither do I.

Bring back some Warner comedy gold!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have watched most and agree it’s excellent. I love the fact it’s online as that’s much much more flexible and I can watch a re-run anytime. I have an Apple TV so I watch the coverage on my TV if I’m home

6079smithw
    Free Member

George Brannigan’s run, blimey!

wordnumb
    Free Member

last one is this weekend

Nope. And nobody refers to anything as super rad, maybe radishes but only if they have a financial interest in salad.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

bit of a strange post, theres usually a thread for every race.

summer holidays innit

andykirk
    Free Member

Sorry chaps I didn’t know each race was discussed, hadn’t seen the threads. Yes George Brannigan’s run was absolutely crazy!

I like Rob I don’t think it would be the same without him, and Claudio the eejit is a good foil. He’s super rad as well.

Talking of red bull I am the only one who thinks Danny McAskill’s videos have got steadily worse since the famous one in Edinburgh that shot him to fame?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone watching the Downhill World Cup?’ is closed to new replies.