Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone Want To Ride The Pennine Bridleway?!
  • John_Rowlands
    Free Member

Been thinking and done a little bit of planning to do the full pennine bridleway from home to as far as my legs will take me. Planned to stay overnight at youth hostels as to keep the luggage minimal. Anyone fancy joining me?! 😀

crikey
    Free Member

Got hold of a copy of the proposed route and rode as much as we could back in 1992!

Still waiting for it to be opened fully….

We got dropped off in Hexham, rode over to Appleby, stayed in a B&B, rode down to Settle, stayed in the YH, rode back to Manchester from there.

Some of it was great, some was crap, but a good adventure.

John_Rowlands
    Free Member

Yeah, I got hold of a leaflet and looked at OS maps. Some of it is city trails and some good. Where there are city trails I noticed more interesting routes, for example the peak district. I love adventures.

ononeorange

It's a plan that I very much want to do John, but live in the South so need to make it a "special operation" when I can find the time. How long would you plan to take for it?

John_Rowlands
    Free Member

Sorry about the delay ononeorange, i'll email you.

John_Rowlands
    Free Member

Just checked your profile but can't see your email address. Im not working at the moment so times not an issue but would like to do it in a week or just over at the most. Not planned it in detail, just had a first look at maps the other day. I'd like to do it quite soon, when would you be available to join?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone Want To Ride The Pennine Bridleway?!’ is closed to new replies.