Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone using tesco credit card day to day?
  • bikemanspen
    Free Member

Just wondered if anyone uses one for the day 2 day stuff and transfers the funds and receives club card points for it?
    If so what pitfalls advantages should I expect?
    Cheers

allthepies
    Free Member

I’ve got one as my main credit card. I pay it off in full monthly via direct debit. Get the clubcard points etc so all good for me.

Tracey

Use ours for everything then pay the balance off every month. Have had some great holidays over the years as well as loads of other stuff. Always swap them for 3 or 4 for 1. Book the Tunnel with the points every year for our Alps trips.
    Can’t see any pitfalls.
    Its our only card

zippykona

Mrs Zip has one she gets loads of points. She spent £20 of vouchers on Sunday which somehow got us £80 of food in Prezzo.
    We also have enough points to get one of us to Barbados.

br
    Free Member

If so what pitfalls advantages should I expect?

Same as any credit card plus spend=points. Just swapped £65 of points for £130 of Evans vouchers.

nickjb
    Free Member

As above. Works as a credit card. Get free points. No costs if you pay it off. All good

justatheory
    Free Member

I’ve got one but don’t use it. Do you get more club card points spending on the credit card?

nickjb
    Free Member

You don’t get nearly as many clubcard points on non tesco purchases but better than nothing.

allthepies
    Free Member

More than zero ? Yes 😆

scotroutes

As above. Used for everything that doesn’t incur a credit card fee. Paid off every month and points traded in for vouchers. I’ve done not too bad getting Evans vouchers (they are valid for two years after your trade-in too). Also handy when Tesco do certain promotions on other stuff.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I don’t even have a card but my GF is sick of Pizza Express 😛

MoreCashThanDash

Use ours all the time, run up a few hundred points every month, paid for all sorts of things with points. RAC memberships, magazine subscriptions, lots of annual passes to Legoland Windsor….

oxym0r0n

Same as all above – pay off by direct debit, use points for fun stuff 😀

bikemanspen
    Free Member

Cheers guys I can get spending now! Mrs spent is going to love this!!!

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

It works for us too. Buy everything with it through out the month, pay it off when it is due and use the points for vouchers for travel and household goods.

The only disadvantage is that Tesco have cut the value of some vouchers over the last few years.

Ian

dufusdip
    Free Member

The points are good, but getting scary the amount of data they have and combining that with the Clubcard info is getting extremely powerful. It is incomprehensible how much this information on profiling us is being used behind the scenes and sold to other companies to do likewise.

Next time you do a car/house insurance quote or credit car on CompareTheMoneyConfused.com you’ve been assessed, pigeon-holed and charged accordingly.

wait4me

I use one for fuel and food, mostly from Tesco and the points are converted to Avios points. I’m not convinced they’re anywhere near as good as the old air miles scheme, but I rarely pay for flights any more. I’m in Greece right now courtesy of them. There are probably more effective ways of using the loyalty points, but free flights are a nice little bonus.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using tesco credit card day to day?’ is closed to new replies.