Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone using Small Block 8 on rear and something grippier up front ?
  • justa
    Free Member

If so what are you using on the front ?

Its so dry that i'm going to fit my SB 8's but whats a grippier option up front ?

Northwind

Yup, 2.35 on the back and 2.1 Nevegal stick-e on the front. Looks a bit weird :mrgreen: But it works bloody well. Just fitted a 2.35 Nevegal DTC on the front as a comparison, see how that goes.

chakaping
    Free Member

2.35 SB8 rear and 2.35 Nevegal stick-e front for me.

Not only does it work well, but it looks cute as the SB8 tread is a miniaturised version of the Nev.

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

i have just got the sb8 for the back and i was thinking maybe an ignitor on the front. any thoughts?

ashfanman
    Free Member

I was thinking about switching from my current 2.25" Nobby Nic/Racing Ralph combo to run 2.35" SB8s front and rear. A step too far for UK trails?

Northwind

Mmm, I didn't like the SB8 on the front, tbh I don't like any really fast tyre on the front though. It did well for what it is but… Nah. Not confidence inspiring. The rear coped amazingly well with mud but the front straightlined everything (seems like the rear can brake or push, but the front can't turn very well, once it gets wet). I'm not good enough to ride round that.

sheldona
    Free Member

2.1 Nevegal on the front

uplink
    Free Member

another vote for the 2.1 Nevegal up front

a SB8 on the front gives has my ar$e going like a rabbit's nose too many times

manicmanser
    Free Member

Try the dread tread up front, a little more grippy than the sb8, but still a very fast rolling tyre.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Depends on your local terrain. Ignitors work well and roll faster than Nevas. Thinking about a 2.4 Mountain King for some extra cushiness, but still not sure about that tread pattern.

sofaking
    Free Member

2.4 racing ralph

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

Sb8 in the back conty mountin king upfront.

hora
    Free Member

Ardent front and rear. Autumn/Spring Swampting front, Ardent rear. Winter Swamptings.

sssimon
    Free Member

I run a larssen (similar to a sb8) and a high roller right through the sumer, grip in the front and drifty fast rolling on the rear

love it

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using Small Block 8 on rear and something grippier up front ?’ is closed to new replies.