• This topic has 20 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Anyone using: SealSkinz Waterproof Ultra Grip Gloves?
  • hora
    Free Member

They look like ideal (dry) winter riding gloves?

odannyboy
    Free Member

i think mine are.the three layer black woven wool jobs with rubber dotty pattern on the palm.thos ones??

hora
    Free Member

Thats the ones

binners

I had a pair on on Sunday you unobservant spaz. You could easily miss them though. They were bright red.

If you want to take a closer look at them, I could punch you repeatedly in the face?

hora
    Free Member

Ive now got some olive ones on the way from CRC. We are special 8)

Now give me your bloody thoughts on them.

binners

Oh christ! Have we got his n his matching gloves? What a terrible faux pas! We'll have to phone up before rides so we don't clash

andyl46
    Free Member

I find them very restrictive around the fingers, though they do work well as winter gloves, just not the warmest in my opinion. Prefer my 661 storms.

binners

Actually, they're bloody great!

hora
    Free Member

How about articulation- feel for the bars? I used GORE windstoppers with seperate liners and when damp they just slip allover the bars.

odannyboy
    Free Member

initially i was dissapointed.they were not very warm on my commute to work but then i take it easy so as not to get all sweaty. on my club rides they are fine tho.higher haert rate etc means they are warm.
    but… because there knitted they snag easily on prickly stuff, they are quite think fingered ( so am i) but if you have sausage fingers you may struggle.also they say they are waterproof and thay are but the water does get in to the top layer so it then cools your fingers, whilst your fingers arent actually wet.odd really.also they are made flat and not culred to a riders hand shape which would be better.
    strikes me they would make a good all round glove for boating and outdoor jobs but there not perfect for cycling.they work,but i got mine in the sale so im happy.i wouldnt pay full price for them..

odannyboy
    Free Member

they grip ok in the wet.

hora
    Free Member

odannyboy- cheers. I've yet to find a totally waterproof glove. So I was alittle dubious about the "100% waterproof" claim. Hopefully when I wear them it'll be too cold for it to rain!

binners- I find your review totally lacking. I shall punish thee tomorrow.

avdave2

Mine started as waterproof but let in the rain now. I use them in the autumn and spring but don't find them all that warm in winter which I put partly down to the fingers being very tight, similar to when you put too many pairs of socks on and stuff your feet in your shoes and restrict the blood flow.

slowrider
    Free Member

funnily enough they are a lot like their socks in terms of how they work. they are obviously chunkier than noermal mitts but not as massive as full on winter gloves. since ive had mine i havent used my proper winter gloves and that includes some peaks rides in the snow and ice last year. i do tend to 'run hot' (ooeer) though so dont necessarily rely on me to say they will be warm enough. i hate riding in anything thicker than normal gloves but these arent so bad.

bobsoff2
    Free Member

Got some of these t'other week when we had all of the rest of the worlds rain.. 😕
    Worked really well, even wore them washing bike off !
    Not the warmest of gloves tho…

elaineanne
    Free Member

i have some sealskins waterproof/windproof from last year but they are abit bulky for riding…(not specifically bike gloves….so few weeks back i bought some GORE bikewear gloves, (not as bulky as the others but they are truly toastie warm (thank god i had them on last nites ride..riding in lots of snow i was…

joemarshall
    Free Member

I found them the coldest and worst gloves I ever owned. Only gloves I've thrown away before they wore out. As a winter glove I thought they were pretty dangerous really.

They are 100% waterproof in terms of letting water out, they do let in a load of cold water through the cuffs even if you tighten them up, and this makes your hands freezing. They also don't let out sweat, so if you're riding hard even in the dry you end up with frozen sweat all around your hands. The moment you stop, all this wetness cools down and you lose all feeling in your fingers.

They are also bit too tight on the fingers to comfortably wear liner gloves under, so you can't even make them work that way.

Joe

mcboo
    Free Member

I like 'em. Just bought another pair after the old ones lasted 3 winters. Started letting water in as I worn them in the woods a fair amount and pierced them full of holes. Not the warmest but I dont really want anything chunkier. Cheap, straightfwd, do the job…whats not to like.

hora
    Free Member

Cheers mcboo.

What others are they to recommend? I dont want thick gloves that inpeed-bar feel.

BoardinBob

Waterproof and warm but mine fell to pieces after 4 rides.

hora
    Free Member

I retried them again. As stated above- the fingers are VERY narrow/tight.

Bought these for £12:

http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?country=GB&lang_locale=en_GB&l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-300/pid-278710/pgid-278712&cp=EUNS_SH_FROOGLE_UK#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-300/pid-278710/pgid-278712

Built for protection and performance, the Nike Thermal Field Players Men's Football Gloves feature a fleece lining for warmth and engineered grip zones for added control in tough weather.

Elastic wristband for a secure fit
    Water-resistant front and back of hand for protection in wet and cold weather
    Silicone grip zones provide enhanced grip for throw-ins

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using: SealSkinz Waterproof Ultra Grip Gloves?’ is closed to new replies.