Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone using PRO handlebars or stems ?
  • peasant
    Free Member

Looking for bars/stem for new build and find most kit very expensive is PRO kit worth a punt ?

toppers3933
    Free Member

have it on my road bike and its really nice.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Mark Weir uses their stems 😀

The stuff looks pretty nice to be fair, I fitted Easton EA70 as I got it all cheap in the Merlin sale.

glenp
    Free Member

Got PRO Vibe carbon bars on my road bike – really like them. Also got alloy stem and seat pin – also very nice, but shiny finish is a challenge for clamping.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got the basic AM stem (Kanyak?)

Looks weren’t really an issue at 60mm, and I can’t fault the attention to detail.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

PRO kit is Shimano’s component arm IIRC. Used by several pro road cycling teams, saw HTC High Road Columbia using PRO kit in the Paris Roubaix yesterday.

kimbers

the athertons and thomas vanderham have a PRO signature range selection of kit cant be that bad if they use it
    yeah it is shimano in disguise

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I had a PRO FRS riser on my last bike. Stiff enough and not too heavy. I’m using a Sunline now, so the PRO is up for sale if you’re interested and don’t want to pay full whack.

Northwind

I’ve got a couple of the FRS stems, very nice. The Koryak’s a lot blingier but the FRS is light and cheap, and seems strong. Nice low stack too. The graphics are on squint on one of mine, though.

The anodising on my Koryak seatpost is absolutely pish mind, and the saddle mounting is fiddly, but it seems strong for its weight and it cost £8 so I can’t complain too much.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Koryak on my MTB and Vibe Carbon on my road bike. No complaints with either although the new UD carbon Vibe stuff is calling my name loudly.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using PRO handlebars or stems ?’ is closed to new replies.