Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone using Nukeproof Generator wheels?
  • sharkattack

I’ve been hanging on for a used set of Hope Hoops for the hardtail but these just popped up within collection distance. Is there anything I should know about them? I’ve never used any Nukeproof stuff.

These are the actual wheels in question;
    LINK

Are they heavyweight DH wheels? Will they explode on my way to and from the chip shop on my Charge Blender? Are the graphics on the rims just stickers and therefore easy to put in the bin away from my eyes? Should I wait for Hopes?

sharkattack

Bump for the day shift

fd3chris
    Free Member

I used np hubs for a while and I liked them. Seemed similar to hopes with the adaptors and such and felt like a quality product.

scruff
    Free Member

I have a 150mm rear on my new DH bike, only used it 3 times but it seems fine, spokes still tight. Feels stiff enough and freehub pickup similar to Hope but quiter. No idea about weight.

scaled
    Free Member

I quite like mine, I’ve got the generator hubs on AM719 rims, the hubs seem nice enough, had to change the bearings on the rear after ~6 months of peak district grit and gloop, I think i got some water in there though.

My rims appear to be made of cheese though looking at the state of them, probably need to ride better!

sharkattack

No horror stories then. I might take the plunge.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using Nukeproof Generator wheels?’ is closed to new replies.