Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone using michelin wild rock'r 2s? After some decent sidewalls
  • boxxer7
    Free Member

I’m after some new rubber after destroying my minion DHR2 been looking at the michelins with the reinforced sidewalls.

The minion is the 3rd tyre I’ve managed to warp the carcass on now, I’ve tried schwalbe SG casings which weren’t bad but the knobs keep falling off, ruined a magic Mary and hans dampf in a week on my last trip to the Alps which rendered the dampf totally useless.

Anyone using the michelins? Reviews seem to mention they are a tough tyre at the expense of rolling resistance I’m between them and a pair of wtb vigilantes at the moment.

goodgrief
    Free Member

I’ve used one in the gum x compound. Tried it front and rear but never really fell in love with it. Slowed things down too much on the rear despite being the harder compound and was so-so on the front. A slight trim to the side knobs helped it dig in a little better. I still managed to put a big cut in the sidewall but that was in the Forfar quarry.

Currently I’ve got a fast tough Vigilante on the rear and it’s flippin’ awesome. Rolls faster than the michelin but so much more bite. Have a 2.4 EXO 3c high roller on the front which is pretty impressive too. It’s a bit lighter so doesn’t have that dead feeling that the proper heavy casings seem to have.

boxxer7
    Free Member

That’s interesting to hear, I really like maxxis, got a HR2 3c up front and it’s a really good tyre just fed up of ruining the carcasses my dhr2 is so distorted it won’t run through the frame. Might give the vigilante a try I think.

goodgrief
    Free Member

WTB casings are very good, they are the only brand to get UST status on a tubeless-ready tyre.

benpinnick

Yeah the WTBs are killing it right now if you want tough with a reasonable weight…. The new breakout is a good tyre too. Not got the mud capability of the Vigilante, but faster rolling and a lot of bite in the middling conditions we’re getting right now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using michelin wild rock'r 2s? After some decent sidewalls’ is closed to new replies.