Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone using Look Quartz pedals?
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

Just put some Look Quartz pedals on the road bike, and it seems I need to twist my foot much further than say Shimano. An upward twist action seems a bit better but they still seem a bit ropey/inconsistent compared to Shimano?

Anyone else used these?

I presume using them with road shoes (i.e no tread) shouldn’t make much difference?

jonnyrockymountain

I have just put some on my MTB and i’am very impressed
    I won’t touch shimano again
    Look or time pedals now for me

tazzymtb

An upward twist action seems a bit better but they still seem a bit ropey/inconsistent compared to Shimano?

sounds like you need to recheck the shims on the shoe as once you’ve got them perfectly set up they are fab. the first generation ones, were a bit iffy, then they got them sorted.

use them on 3 bikes, lighter than an eggbeater, and better platform and the don’t clag with mud like a shimano

rob2
    Free Member

I use them on all my bikes. Really like them. The shims take a while to set up to stop your feet popping out but once done I’ve found them very reliable

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I am running them on road shoes (Specialized BG Sport), so didn’t think I’d need to use any shims, since the cleat is completely proud of the sole?

Or does a bit of recess actually improve release somehow?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using Look Quartz pedals?’ is closed to new replies.