Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone using an ankle protector ?
  • julzm
    Free Member

Having a recently broken ankle and a now pinned and plated Tib and fib, my physio has recommended getting some ankle protection/guards before venturing out in a few weeks.

Can anyone recommend any? I’ve seen the POC one which seems to have hard plastic discs over the ankle bones which has mixed reviews. Slightly worried that the hard parts may rub the surgery scars.

Any advice gratefully received.

lungman

After I broke my ankle I used an aircast A90 ankle brace. Just about fitted with a 5-10 shoe and gave lots of confidence to start dh again. Did wear quickly though but lasted long enough. Best of luck and do the rehab exercises

lungman

ps didnt rub the plate or scar tissue

scaredypants

I tried some 661 lace-up things a few years ago – for stabilisation rhather than impact protection
    They were OK, not too uncomfortable and felt qute supportive but I stopped using them as lacing up was a massive pain in the arse. I believe they were replaced by a velcro version which would be miles better

colournoise

Have used an Aircast the last couple of times my noodly ankle has gone wobbly. Works pretty well and not too uncomfortable.

julzm
    Free Member

Cheers for this. That looks like what I’m looking for and useful to know it doesn’t rub the scars as those are bloody sensitive! I’ll ask the physio on Monday if she thinks this is suitable.

Only 8 weeks today since I broke it so got a way to go yet but hoping to convince the OH I can ride so he’ll book a riding holiday for end August.

Thanks again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using an ankle protector ?’ is closed to new replies.