Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone using a Praxis cassette?
  • cardo

Anyone fitted and used one of these on their bike ? And is it any good?
    It’s the 11-40 10 speed
    Thanks

ianfitz
    Free Member

Yes. Yes. And yes.

better than an expander ring IMO as the gaps between gears are smaller. Shifting is good. Not put enough miles on it yet to comment about durability.

jeremydcooper
    Free Member

I have bought one of these today 11 – 42 11 speed cassette. A couple of my mates have them and rave about them.

Sunrace cassette

Will be on the bike for the weekend

zigzag69
    Free Member

Isn’t the Sunrace cassette half the price of the Praxis one? *Edit* I see Jeremy beat me to it!

£45…

http://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/components-c9/cassettes-freewheels-c68/sunrace-ms3-10-speed-cassette-p14798

jeremydcooper
    Free Member

Yep the one I have bought is a MX3 and the one you have linked Zigzag is a Ms3 – not sure what the difference is!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

weight and price

Suggsey
    Free Member

What’s the difference between the MS3 and the MX3? I see the MS3 is on two piece carrier plus individual rings….guess more likely to bite into an alloy freehub carrier………

reggiegasket
    Free Member

mx3 has an aluminium 40/42t

transition1
    Free Member

yes I run the 11-40 on both my bikes along with the Praxis N/W chainring, can’t fault it

kimbers

I got the mx3 11-42 for 50quid at billys, 390g on the kitchen scales, not fitted it yet, tho!
    Still that’s lighter and considerably cheaper than the budget SRAM xg cassette

billyboy
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a Praxis because I’m not that impressed by expander rings either – it’s mainly the jump where the 17 is missing that pisses me off because the Dyna-sys seems to struggle with it going up, and also missing a much needed top on these newer systems with more limited gear ranges.

Mine won’t get fitted until the current transmission wears out tho, so I can’t really help other than to say that I have known a couple of cases where relatively new Sunrace cassettes were believed to be the cause of shifting problems in the workshop I was working in two years ago. That was 8 speed Sunrace tho, and it wasn’t part of any scientific survey…it was just mystery problems that went away when we swapped out the cassettes and put shimano on.

cardo

I’ve been offered the Praxis but had considered the Sunrace Mx3 … Some of the reviews of the Sunrace said they had problems when back pedalling… It is the feedback on the Praxis I’m after but thanks to all for your input.

jonjonjon3
    Free Member

Can anybody report back on long term use on the Praxxis cassette, on MTBR there were a few stories about the 34t alloy wearing quickly.

gelert
    Free Member

What rear mech are you using with the 10 speed Sunrace MX3 11-42?

What mech works best?

Or is it ok to get an XT 11-speed rear mech (Medium Cage) with a Shimano 10 speed shifter and one of these cassettes (Sunrace or Praxis)?

I’ve currently got a Zee FR 11-36 and XT 11-36 cassette with SLX shifter on Orange Five 2013 – 26 inch.

kimbers

Gelert, I put a rad cage with a GS inner plate on my zee and it works great

gelert
    Free Member

@Kimbers thanks. I’ve seen the Rad cage but don’t have a GS inner plate available only old long ones from old mechs. I love my Zee, great mech.

Anyone have positive results with say SLX 10spd Medium Cage on 11-42?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using a Praxis cassette?’ is closed to new replies.