Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone used TRP Spyres and Shimano Centrelocks without a problem?
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

A new wheel-set uses CL’s and was wondering would it make any difference with TRP Spyres?

mboy
    Free Member

Spyre’s use Shimano brake pads anyway, you won’t have any issues.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Thanks mboy!

Wasn’t sure but can order now.

cp

Spyre’s use Shimano pattern brake pads anyway, you won’t have any issues

If using any of the IceTech discs, I’d be more interested in people who actually tried them in case of fouling issues between calliper and rivet heads / aluminium spider.

Bez

Yup, using Spyres and Icetech Centerlocks here (though not the specific ones shown in the previous post).

The only thing you might want to consider is that Spyre calipers extend quite far towards the spokes, which IME can be an issue on the front wheel. I’m using them on two bikes: on one (SP 6-bolt dyno hub), I’ve had to space the rotors out because the caliper fouled the spokes. On the other bike (XT Centerlock dyno hub), the spokes *just* clear the caliper body. It’s very close, but I’ve kept an eye on it and not had an issue. My point being: I’m not sure whether you can just pop a 1mm-or-so spacer under a Centerlock rotor, because I’ve not tried. It may not even be an issue on your hubs, anyway.

Dickyboy

Not exactly answering the question, but I do know that some CL rotors work with BB7 calipers & some CL rotors don’t

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Will have another look at this. Thanks for the tips.

I’m building a bike for the old man and keep hitting walls as CRC have some nice wheels but centre lock versions or not in stock is starting to get annoying!

I have some LX discs I might try.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used TRP Spyres and Shimano Centrelocks without a problem?’ is closed to new replies.