Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • anyone used three mobile abroad?
  • sadexpunk

been looking for a suitable ‘add-on’ but there doesnt seem to be one.

off to turkey, and would have paid a fiver maybe for ‘limited calls and texts’ but cant see anything like that.

as it stands over here, i dont think my settings allow me to go outside my contracted mins/texts/data. when im close to my limit i get a text warning me, and on occasion it stops me from using data when its up.
    i like that as it means no nasty surprises, but im wondering what ill need to do if i have to make a call or answer one.

ill be switching off roaming data and just using wifi for internet, but ive never been abroad on three before so dont know about calls/texts.

anyone care to advise me?

thanks

willard

The only times I have been abroad with my 3 phone was once to Gibraltar (just like being back at home i.e. no one called me) and the US where the data and call plan follows you for no extra cost.

Not sure on Turkey, but the website is normally quite good for telling you what’s what.

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

We only went to france but just used phones as normal and had no nasty bills, should say all countries covered on there website?

scruff9252

I’ve used my three phone abroad a lot and never paid a penny, they do international roaming for free to most EU countries.

Give them a call and ask if turkey is covered too. Usually very helpful on the phone.

JAG

My Wife got an add-on when we went to Australia earlier this year.

Her phone is PAYG on 3 mobile. She got unlimited data, texts and 300 minutes – I think. It worked well and helped us find stuff on the internet and call family at home 😆

sadexpunk

ah yep, should have said ‘outside europe’ shouldnt i, as youre quite right, a lot or all of europe is covered by contracted mins/texts/data. turkey isnt covered by that, ive found as much on the website.

im ‘pay monthly’ and cant find a relevant add-on still, so ill give them a call as suggested then.

thanks

peajay

I was in Turkey last year, loads of wifi hotspots in bars etc for using your phone on social media, and for calls home I bought a phone card to use in the road side call boxes, was cheap as chips and came home with the card still half full!

honeybadgerx

Isn’t there a list in their website as to what countries they do free (as in no additional cost) coverage for? Didn’t cost me anything for three weeks calls + data in the states last year.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Am I the only one that can use Google…? 😉

http://www.three.co.uk/Support/Roaming_and_International

ElShalimo

Download their app and then make your calls over Wi-Fi

sadexpunk

already looked at that PP, thats what tells me how much itll cost, and also that turkey isnt included in the free coverage list.

i also thought about the three wifi app, but you cant use that abroad unfortunately, its only for poor signals in the uk.

i rang em this morning and they told me there isnt anything i can do other than suck up the roaming cost, no add-ons, no apps. so i think my only option really is to buy a cheapo card over there.

thanks a lot

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘anyone used three mobile abroad?’ is closed to new replies.