Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone used this firm for shirts?
  • BillMC

Pickashirt – Tailored Shirts, Suits & Chinos Online

It looks pucker but no address plus a bit of misspelling? Any experiences would be gratefully received. B

Drac

Registry Registrant ID:
    Registrant Name: . .
    Registrant Organization: Pickashirt Limited
    Registrant Street: Baldwin Street
    Registrant City: London
    Registrant State/Province: LONDON
    Registrant Postal Code: EC1V9NU
    Registrant Country: GB
    Registrant Phone: +44.2032399205

Cougar

Further to that,

Registered On: September 02, 2006

Site says they were established 2005, so that tallies up more or less.

BillMC

Cheers. Thanks for that.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Well, you look at the shirts,and they say “William Teddington” on the labels. Google William Teddington, and you get a tailor based in Australia, not London.

Given their economy/standards of living, I simply cannot see how they can make a bespoke shirt for £25.

I have had some shirts made recently, albeit from Liberty material. The first one was a trial at cost price (the maker was uncertain they were going to do mens shirts and so I was an “experiment”, and 3m of Liberty print material was on its own, nearly £60.

And it’s still a bit of a labour of love to cut up the cloth, to individual measurements rather than standard patterns and then spend several hours sewing same. IF we say they are using cheap material at £5 pm, and economical with the cut pattern, it’s still £12-15 for the material and a tenner to sew the whole thing up?

There must be more than a couple of hours in a sewing up a shirt minimum? Given the cost of packaging as well (not shipping, just the box), I cannot see how there’s any profit in it whatsoever, in a country like Australia.

I recognise (of sorts) the software on the site for the cuffs/collar selection pages, and the same European sites will charge between £90 and £175 for say a nice, floral print bespoke shirt.

I used Botti for my most recent shirt, but have looked at Bivolino, KJ Beckett, Saint Sens, Green & Jacks, Harrington & Thomas, in the past.

Me, frankly, if it looks to good…….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used this firm for shirts?’ is closed to new replies.