Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone used the new Superstar "T-Ready" rims?
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

I need a bargain pair of 29er rims for the new build. Was looking at Nextie/Light Bicycle but I can’t justify the cost just yet, and decent secondhand rims seem as rare as hen’s teeth, so now looking at Superstar, TR21/EX23/DS25 rims.

Long term plan is for a 29+ build so I want wide rims, but the present frameset won’t take anything bigger than 2.3-2.4″ wide. EX23 seems the best compromise for width and weight for the money.

Anyone used them? Set them up tubeless? Any reviews good or bad?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

No-one?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

no-one at all?

leeroybrown
    Free Member

I built up a ds25 26″ for a mate who trashed a flow ex
    Nice rim looked nice, had eyelets and set up tubeless with gorilla tape
    They look like a copy of stans but half the price

ir_bandito
    Free Member

cheers leroy.

mos

Not sure they would be wide ennough for 29+? Only says 23mm internal width.

warpcow
    Free Member

If they’re just slightly rejigged, or re-stickered, versions of their old tlr rims then they go up ok. Not quite as easy to get that initial seal as on Stan’s ime (SsC Sentinel vs Stan’s Flow and Arch EX).

mikesbikes71
    Free Member

Hi. I just got some supetstar sentinel rims on their switch evo hubs. Posted here myself a few days ago for tubeless tyre advice. No replies so far.
    anyhow my lbs sold me a end of line fire xc pro ust for much cheapness. It went up no bother with a track pump but is leaking from the valve stem so am in process of sorting that out. These are narrow rums though so perhaps not that relevant to your post.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Not sure they would be wide ennough for 29+?

I know, this is a cheap way into the world of 29ers. Having to buy framest, rims and tyres is a substantial cost, so plan is to do it all on the cheap initially, then replace forks and frames with better ones with more clearance, then upgrade the wheel rims, then tyre.
    superstar rims seem like a cheap way in.

brant
    Free Member

Look at b+ over 29+
    Much more tyre and parts action happening.

akira

Someone needs to build a good well priced b+ ti frame 😉
    I’m suprised superstar haven’t bashed out any +size rims.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used the new Superstar "T-Ready" rims?’ is closed to new replies.