Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone used the Minoura True Pro Wheel Truing Stand?
  • steelfan
    Free Member

What do you think of it? Need to get building my own wheels and I need it to be portable.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i have it – i've never used any other jig, so can't compare

I built some wheels successfully.

I know that isn't a lot of help – sorry. 😐

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Ive got one branded as a Performance Spin Doctor, bought in the US from Performance Bicycle ooh about 12 years ago. Built or trued countless wheels with it. Its foldable, portable and it works. Its supposed to self centre so not need the dish tool (which the Pro might come with), but to be honest I just take the wheel out and flip it 180 and put it back in-I can then see how off-centre it was relative to the guides and re-centre it.

The only potential gripes with mine appear to have long been sorted with the Pro- you can now leave tyres on and it takes bigger axles.

saladdodger
    Free Member

mine does the job a beaut

but it is the person who builds a wheel not a jig remember, it takes me a age to build a wheel but they run for years without trueing

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I've got one. Works fine. Folds up, and is nice & stable in use.

The spoke key that comes with it is utter rubbish – made from cheese and tin foil. Needs to be thrown in the bin and replaced with a Spokey

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used the Minoura True Pro Wheel Truing Stand?’ is closed to new replies.