Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • anyone used the cheaper kneeling chairs from fleabay?
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

This one, about a fifth the price of this

just an issue of craftsmanship? I know the latter has a 7 year warranty but if the cheap one last a couple years I’d be pretty happy

Stoner
    Free Member

Id expect to have to replace the arse foam with something better pretty quicklyl The cheap foam they use compresses and flattens quickly.

I have a £40 odd kneeler like this

and had to reupholster after about 2 years.
    Also had to re-drill the pivot to cope with my lanky frame. And the rollers are rubbish…but

the one you link to is much simpler in design and so Id say only the upholstery is the weak point. And that is always replaceable yourself.

TN
    Free Member

Fontmoss – if you are anywhere near Sheffield I have one like the one in the picture up there that you can have.
    And if you aren’t or if you don’t want it, if anyone else does let me know… (email in profile)

fontmoss
    Free Member

email on its way TN

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’m not a big fan of them, used one for about a year and despite being a “good quality” one it became very rickety.

I found one of these today,

end of stock, they only had one left so let me have it for £30.00, I’m a tad pleased with that.

They have a few Herman Miller & Eames at very good prices too. Let me know if you want their details?

fontmoss
    Free Member

yes please!

MrNutt
    Free Member

here you go: Office Clearance & Wholesale Ltd If you end up speaking with Chris mention that Alex (the fella who bought a chair & hatstand on Saturday) put you in touch. They’re a good bunch in there.

fontmoss
    Free Member

can’t see anything as uber cheap as that one but might give them a ring, cheers for the heads up

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

you need to sit on one as some ‘hit the spot’ and others don’t.

However they do put a fair bit of stress through the knees if used for a time, worth thinking about.

I have a Stokke Duo on whih you can kneel, sit and general vary you position, and the kneeling position is pretty good. I looked at the gravity but the kneeling position wasn’t as good as the seperate stools.

http://www.macobserver.com/perspectives/stobblehouse/2000/20000912howiwork.shtml

MrNutt
    Free Member

its well worth a call, those Aeron chairs are v.nice, a tad out of my price range though, I found that one hiding in the clearance, its very tidy, came from the Oracle offices somewhere, almost as good as new. v. comfortable its now sat in my home office. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘anyone used the cheaper kneeling chairs from fleabay?’ is closed to new replies.