Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone used panaracer gravel kings? Or spesh roubaix?
  • singlespeeddan
    Free Member

The file tread one not knobbly. I’m thinking of changing the Conti tyres that came on the stoater for something slicker. They appear to now do a 32mm one and was all set to get one as they look ‘very’ similar to some of the compass tyres of a similar size, but cheaper. Then I see that I can get specialized roubaix tyres in a 30/32mm size which appear to be tubeless ready. Anyone any experience of either of these…. Or should I save for some Schwalbe s-one

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Just fitted 28mm panaracer gravel kings tonight non knobbly. First ride tomorrow nothing big 22 miles canal path to try them out. Will keep you posted.

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

Cheers

rocket
    Free Member

In a similar position at the mo. As an interim have plumped for some cheap pro 4 28s, but interested in what responses you get. Be aware, (I think) the 32mm gravel kings are more knobbly than the smaller versions.

petey83
    Free Member

I had Gravel King 28s on my road bike. I really liked them but started to pick up a lot of punctures after about 2000 miles, mainly glass (but that was mainly on my commute). They were great all winter and gave me a lot of confidence on road and gravel. I actually preferred them to the Schwalbe Duranos that I replaced them with.

onandon
    Free Member

The Schwalbe s and g tyres are fantastic. The s is stupidly good, comfy, fast and grippy is pretty much all conditions.
    Well worth the money.

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

The pics I’ve seen of the 2016 32mm gravel kings have a file tread but those with a more knobbly profile seem to have been name with an sk this year.

corroded
    Free Member

I’ve used the 28mm file tread Gravel Kings for a while (on road and gravel). I had high hopes but they disappointed: a fair few punctures and they don’t seem especially durable (lots of cuts). I’ve now got Challenge Strade Bianca tyres on and they seem better (though still had one puncture, a shard, in first 100 miles).

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

What about the roubaix tyres from specualized. Anyone any experience of the fatter versions of these?

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

So 28mm 100psi smooth tread rather than knobbles. 28 miles done half on a roughish canal path all flat rest on country lane B roads home quite hilly. They flew on the road very quick up and down confidence inspiring on the down hills with good grip and the 100 psi helped on the speed front. On the canal path….100 psi did not help quite harsh but had no pump to lower the psi on canal path and then re-pump up for road home.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What about the roubaix tyres from specualized. Anyone any experience of the fatter versions of these?

Missed this!

I tried them. Didn’t like them, sluggish at best. Switched to Challenge Strada Bianca instead. Chalk and cheese!

The Panaracers look very good, though. Skinwall, obviously.

kiwijohn

I rode all this on Roubaix 32’s

I really like them & they tubeless easily, but I want to try their new Sawtooth tyre when it comes out.
    Had Challenge Grifos before, but they delaminated & were prone to punctures.

honourablegeorge

“It’s still gravel, just bigger stones than usual”

mattsccm
    Free Member

Don’t get your hopes up about the Strada Biancas. I had a set. Lovely to ride but cut up terribly and very puncture prone. Also they fell apart. The very helpful chap at the importers told me that 1500 miles was good going as they were “special day” tyres. He did send me a new set though. Was tempted to sell them and go tubeless but weakened and am using them. Note. The older ones had 55 psi as a minimum. My replacements have 80! Which is what I was using anyway. On Pacenti CL 25s they blow up to about 32 mm.
    Having moaned a bit I will admit that they don’t seem any more vulnerable on gravel than tarmac.
    Schwalbe S ones for the winter.k

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used panaracer gravel kings? Or spesh roubaix?’ is closed to new replies.